20. Getting closer

Navneet's pov:

Everything was a blur yesterday, I don't even remember when I came back in my room and fell asleep.
It was a sweet slumber, without any recollections and remembrance of the dreams or nightmares I go through every night.

It was totally new,
as i always experience weird stances in my sleep, like falling of a cliff, or sometimes arguing in gibberish language as my mother tells.

Whatever that was happening was different, a good different.
I could have never imagined myself snuggling in a pillow and expecting it to be something else which was not cloth and feathers, but flesh and bones.

A constant smile was present on my face as i remembered the events that transpired in my life these past days.

The person I used to hate with my guts, was going to become my other half.
It felt surreal.

Like every normal person, I too have insecurities about this new chapter, but somehow I knew i will get through it, with him as my companion.

Earlier or later, what matters the most is the connection that I felt on the first day I saw him. I had admired him from far but disappointedly, I presumed him to be a selfish bastard.
Sure, he isn't one, or so I guess.

But now, I had whole time of the world to know him better, and assure myself of this lifelong commitment, hopefully.

I wasn't going to regret this, atleast i don't want to. I'm willing to try it out, with him, and experience this new phase putting my trust and soul in it, trying and making it work.

Rajveer Randhawa, a picture perfect guy. He is like a perfect son-in-law, every parent would want for their daughter, he had it all.

Money, looks, status, manners you name it and he has it.
The national crush and dreamboy of young girls, a dream husband they say.

Likewise, he has been the only one on my mind, since the time he had confessed his true feelings to me.
So that is a normal feel of being high, I guess.

Sure he never said anything about love. But in my defense, isn't it something that develops gradually.

Even a child begins to understand the language of love, through the first warmth of his mother's cocoon he receives in her womb even before entering into world, her coos and sweet voice.
They are enough to let him know the meaning and the worth of love he receives throughout his life, unconditionally, but only with time.

I had surely gone insane, if I was not dragged out of my room by my oh so innocent best friends.
Courtesy of whom, I had been cooped up here just because they couldn't help themselves about passing indecent comments and mischievous eyes, earlier at breakfast.

And now it was afternoon, and we were wondering around the mall trying to find the perfect prandi, for our bride for her haldi ceremony.

Yes, she was going to dress up as a typical traditional Punjabi bride.

Arriving at Biba, her quest was finally over.
But not her shopping fever.
Apparently, now she was planning for my future wedding.
And Amreen, being the sweetheart and a shop maniac she is, was happily skipping the aisles with her.
Ruby had gone to the spa and Nimrat left to relax with her, leaving us three, with me following them like their slave.

The only Trump card left in my hand was to invite the future groom to handle his bride and escort us back today itself.

Hopefully, he will arrive after the time Ruby and Nimrat will be done with their treatment or i will not see end of the day, in the hands of Ms. Ruby.