8. I am impressed! (Edited)

Author's POV:

Groggily, Navneet opened her eyes, as sunrays came to greet her through the peeks of curtains.

Trying to a find a darker side, she turned her head to the other side, with no intentions of waking up anytime soon, but her resolve was broken, when her phone blared indicating an impatient caller.

She was planning on ignoring it as longer as possible but decided against it, as it began to reach higher notes.

Muttering profanities, at the ruiner of her sleep. She picked up the call without looking at the caller ID.

Turning her body to another side, she kept the phone near her ear and slept again.

'Why did I had to charge it last night?' Was all she thought.

The caller, non other than her friend Simrat, kept on blabbering without caring about the response of Nivi, and went on about the recent E-mail, the students had recieved from the university.

After a while, she stopped for catching a breath and realising no response from the other side she continued to try making her talk by various ways.

Realising no effect, she began yelling and shouting from the other side. And at last resorted to her horrible singing, as her only option.

Listening the voices of a dying hyena, Nivi looked around trying to find the location of the resource, giving out a startled scream.

Knowing that her plan worked, the caller started laughing loudly, causing Nivi to turn her attention to her phone with intentions of giving the caller a piece of mind.

Picking the phone and recognising the voice at once,
She yelled,
"we are over."
and she cut the call scowlingly.

Sleepless Nivi is a disaster nivi, Beware! Controlling somehow, Nivi made her way to bathroom for freshening herself up.
As she came out, her phone had 5 missed calls.

'This girl has no patience,'
muttering under her breath, she just had kept the phone back not wanting to get any lessons on her sleep. When the phone rang again.

"What do you want? Aren't you happy to see me surviving and sane woman?
Stop flooding my phone with your calls, right in the morning." Navneet uttered dramatically.

The caller sighed audibly.
"Just because I am in a good mood, I would ignore your rants." Simi said calmly.

"What have you got so early in the morning, to be in a happy mood?" Nivi asked.

"A reunion plan." Simi answered.

"What? we just met last week.
Everybody is not as free as you." Nivi said, to rile her up.

"Shut up, bhindiye.
People know my value unlike you."
Nivi rolled her eyes.
(*ladyfinger)

"Will you spill already?"

"Well, the mail says institution has invited their previous year students as alumnis means guests. So, we all are coming." Simi said.

"That was nothing special, why you had to ruin my sleep."
Nivi whined , munching on her apple.

"Ah, my baby just imagine, what a sight it would be, when you'll be at the stage, showering us with your petals like words from your mouth, in our welcome." Simi grinned at her imagination.

"As if." Nivi huffed.

"I will check the details, babe. Bye for now." Adding finally.

"Yeah. See you soon, bye." They ended the call. And soon after Nivi went through her mails, and arriving at the required one, she opened it.