21. Intoxicated at Holi

Let us start by pressing the ⭐.

*****

Two days to the wedding:

As the date of wedding neared, so did the chaos for the pre-wedding functions.

The tradition of Haldi which was planned to be held yesterday post Holi celebrations, was postponed till next day, that is, today.

So there were going to be three rituals in single day.
First one being the Mehandi, then Haldi at evening, and Jaago at night.
(*Jaago is sort of Sangeet in typical Punjabi marriages).

The reason being the children, who were so badly immersed in colours and bhaang.

As soon as the elders decided to give space to the chilren to enjoy themselves at the celebrations.
They went away to prepare for the upcoming rituals by themselves.

It had turned the whole party upside down, where
They were dancing and colouring each other to their heart's content, destroying the beauty of the whole place, which looked so regal earlier.

Navneet's pov:

Breathing a sigh of relief after experiencing a morning full of headache thanks to the painkillers that magically appeared at my bedside table,
I was sane enough to get through the day.

I was now relaxing in Simi's room,
where my girlfriends were fussing over their accessories for the upcoming ritual,
After being forced to wear a pair of earrings that made my earlobes to scream.

I was now relaxing in Simi's room, where my girlfriends were fussing over their accessories for the upcoming ritual, After being forced to wear a pair of earrings that made my earlobes to scream

It was a near to hell experience that taught me to never touch these kind of beverages.
The hangover was the result of the drinking competition we did yesterday.

I was shaken out of my reverie as the bride and her bridesmaids were all set to get their hands painted.

A secluded part of the garden was decorated finely to conduct the ritual, as the garden was being cleaned properly, as it was going to be just family.
So nothing extravagant.