27. Heartfelt talks

Let us start by pressing the ⭐.

Navneet's pov:

It is 05:34 a.m. in the morning, and nth time when my phone rang. Raising the urge to smash it into the wall next to my bed increasing by tenfolds.

"Hello."
I responded tiredly.

"Good morning, love.
Get up and begin with your schedule."
The voice chirped with all the energy in the world.

"Rajveer, why are you doing this?
Please forgive me and go, do something else.
I'd never ask you call me again. Please for once."

I requested him again as politely as possible at this crucial hour of the morning, provided he spares me with my precious sleep.

"Listen Navneet. If i ever made you feel bad or hurt you in this short while, i sincerely apologise.
It wasn't my intention ever. I'm still getting used to this relationship thing and I'm willing to make it work  and accommodate you as my better half.
Forgive me okay."

He sighed going silent for a few moments making me reminsce the time when i asked him repeatedly to help me out, after he behaved his usual after that call, making me feel bad.

"No, it's alright. I'm really happy with you. And I'm up now so you can hangup.
Have a safe journey, sugar.  Bye."
I said softly and hanged up and laid again for a nap of 5 more minutes, drifting into last night's memories.

The good for nothing device, that is, my phone rang again. I turned to look at the clock it's been 30 minutes since i went back to sleep, and it was 6:30 a.m. now.

I thought i made it clear to him that i was up and going to study.

Groggily, i picked up the phone and placed it beside my ear on speaker.

"God Rajveer, i told you i was going to study and you are disturbing me again.
Not even letting me slee..i mean study."
I said in one go, blaming him entirely.

"Hold on, daughter.
I see you have a lot of complaints against my son."
An amused voice making sleep fly from my eyes.

"He..hello.
Who are you, miss?"
I asked flabbergasted, looking at my phone in daze, as if her face would appear on it.

" So, last night went in vain huh. My poor son, sadly he is not here to defend himself. So allow me to take his case and examine the charges, please."
I didn't know i had a lawyer as an acquaintance and whom was she talking about?

"Listen miss, I'm an engaged woman. I don't know your son nor I'm interested in him. So spare me some sleep and good-bye."
Ending it for once and all, i decided to hang up.

"Hey wait.
I'm Simran Randhawa, mother of Rajveer and your future mother in law. You are too stubborn for your own good, girl. Giving me an early morning headache."

She huffed and start scolding me on phone. Such an arrogant woman, i can't believe how i was going to handle her.

"Never mind, I called you to invite you for some family time, on everybody's insistence."
She added.

" What, but aunty how can i.."
I tried to deny her.

"No if, no but Navneet.
I have already talked to Gurdeep ji. Prepare an overnight bag and I'll send the driver for you.
We are waiting, come soon, okay. Take care, sweetheart."
She hanged up.

What have i gotten myself into?
Preparing myself for a night out with my in-laws, i went to take bath and refresh my memory.

Flashback