29. Father isn't in the picture

I, in no way, support such things. No matter how thrilling they sound on Wattpad. The things in the upcoming few chapter(s) are just a fragment of my imagination and inspired by a Bollywood movie. Totally and Just fiction.

Let us start by pressing the ⭐ down there.
+_+

Author's pov:

Later midnight Navneet was woken up by constant thrashing from the figure beside her, making her wake up with a jerk.

Mani was flailing her limbs around as if pushing her demons away muttering incoherent things under her breath. The whole bed shaking under her protests.

Navneet was trying every other way to pull Mani out of her nightmarish state, whether it was cooing her or trying to hold her so she couldn't hurt herself, but nothing seemed working.

Taking the half-filled glass lying on the bedside table she sprinkled the contents on her face, which brought Mani out of her reverie momentarily, only to burst into tears and sobbing uncontrollably on Nivi's shoulder.

"N-Nivi, pl-please help me. They will kill my child. I can't let anything happens to him.Pl-please save me from those monsters.
Pl-please protect us. I-i will forever remain indebted to you. "

The new revelation left Nivi wide-eyed. But she couldn't ponder on it for long as she had to comfort her traumatized friend.

Caressing her hair and whispering the words of appreciation Nivi tried her best to divert Mani's attention. A few minutes later when she fully calmed down and after exhausting herself Mani went back to sleep, leaving Nivi restless and wide awake, sitting in her balcony cosied up.

Afterall, for a person like Nivi who was always ready to offer help to anyone in need, it was impossible to treat a close friend with ignorance.
But without getting any leads about the reasons behind the current condition of Mani which only her could provide, she felt helpless and worried about the well-being of her bellowing friend who was going to become a mother and had an irresponsible husband.

The thing she was sure about was that she wouldn't let her suffer anymore. Lost in her endless thoughts and a series of whats she fell asleep there only.

In the morning:

Yet another time, my sleep was disturbed with the shrill ringing of my phone. Begrudgingly i had to open my eyes yet again. Despite the uncomfortable bed i laid on i slept fairly well.

Why are people after my goodtime?

Without bothering to check the caller id i placed it near my ear. Nothing except a muffled hello escaped my lips.

"Good morning, Tivali.
Even though you don't sound hardly any good."

A deep chuckle followed by an alluring voice sounded through the device.
'You made it nice already'.
i wanted to say.

He sounds more addictive than my morning coffee.

An unpleasant sound came through my throat in protest as the urge to open my eyes woke in me and in pleasure at the sound of his that caused an involuntary smile to creep up on my lips.