41. Night at Hospital

She was here, again. Giving me those foreign feelings and goosebumps while looking at her tear filled eyes.

Wordlessly, i shifted a bit on my bed to cover my shivering body avoiding hissing pain as a stitch was stretched on my shoulder. She sped near to help me with the task.

Some things about her had changed. She was dressed modestly as usual and her clothes were oversized like always but i could see her figure was more defined than it used to be.
The curves that i had always tried to overlook, seemed to make my eyes stuck right on them. It was all the way more difficult as her subtle body fragrance was all i could smell around myself as she adjusted the beddings around me.

Probably, it were just my feelings that were way intense than before. 

She adjusted my pillow and my failed attempts to inhale her unique scent as less as possible made my breath grow heavier and the heart monitor to beep crazily and making her lose caution stepping even nearer.

"Are you alright?
What happened, Rajveer? Please look at me. Calm down, i'll call the doctor right away.

Don't die on me, please. I won't be able to take it again."

The tears that hung on her lashes earlier began to flow unceasingly as she pressed the emergency button in hurry. I was powerless against her. Her overthinking mind getting better of her, always imagining the worst. I wasn't even planning to leave her anytime soon, much less die.

There were times when i was thinking how worthy i would have been, had i died saving her that day. It would have made her free from this unwanted marriage, she always wanted to avoid.

But i was still worried, not for my parents as they still had Ranbeer, but her, if she could survive without me. I know she felt the same way for me as i does for her, hopefully not so intense to sacrifice herself for my sake. She was just stubborn and insecure to accept them. I am positive about it.

The door was pushed open, as the team of specialists rushed their way in. The doctor injected a tranquilizer in the IV, which was making me feel hazy and her figure blur as she stood their joining her hands in silent prayers. 

"It was just BP fluctuations.
He will only feel drowsy for a while, rest assured."

She sent the doctor back with a thank you and took her seat by the stool nearby. Few minutes passed in silence and i continued to observe her. She had gotten smaller and feeble. Looking so delicate that i wanted to envelope her in my arms and protect her even from the harsh winds fearing her  break. But her cheeks appeared sunken and the dark circles underneath her eyes were clearly visible. She was tired and stressed.

"What are you doing here? Hadn't you left with your mother." 

I asked emotionlessly trying to break her out of negative thoughts.

"No.
I was staying the night with you. But now i feel i should have gone back, you were so restless earlier and i didn't even know what to do. Thank god you were still at the hospital, otherwise.."

Leaving her sentence hanging she began to cry again. I was feeling guilty for losing control and becoming the cause of her worry as i slowly sat up.

"Maybe, you were right. I shouldn't have agreed with our mothers."

"There is a reason why i'm still admitted here. It's not your fault so stop bawling your eyes out. The atmosphere of hospital is already depressing enough."

I cut her off and turned my face in the other direction.

"What?
Now you won't even look at my face, you infuriating man."