28. Unannounced Visitors

Let us start by pressing the ⭐. If you are too occupied to move your finger just ask the person beside you I'm sure it'll help😅.
^=^

Navneet's pov:

Last night was a total ruckus, and i decided that it was going to be better if i forget about it, and let the things settle at their own pace.

The thing i didn't understand was the eagerness of Rajveer behind the haste in his plans.
Is he desperate or he simply cares?

However he seemed to be hellbent this time and i hope he changes his mind miraculously and goes back to his earlier self. The gentleman one.

Keeping these thoughts aside, i tried to concentrate on dressing up decently hiding my hippi side, in a kurti and jeans and small studs in my ears to complete the look.

It was first time that i felt uncomfortable wearing my usual ripped jeans, so i wanted to hide it under my long kurti.

Settling the creases for last time i left the room with my overnight bag that i brought with me yesterday as i was going to leave as soon as possible giving a perfect excuse to avoid my future husband. It was
A pathetic attempt to avoid him.

Stepping down the stairs i felt like royalty, i tried to be as elegant as possible and at the same time attempting to not fall face first.
The house was so majestic and at the same time exuding modern vibes.
I was totally lost in silent admiration. Everything was pristine clean and arranged impeccably, whether it was pictures, antiques or furniture.
Screaming perfection. Giving me a sense of my future responsibilities.

The faint voices were clearly audible from the direction of dining room.
I was late.
And i wasn't going to eat either. Way to embarrass yourself.

Sliding the hands over the fabric to get rid of the non-existent creases i stepped to the view of a perfect family.

Bapuji sat at the head chair, uncle at the seat opposite to his, their respective wives at their sides with Ranbeer veerji and his wife and son on one side of the table and Rajveer at the other.
A seat was left unoccupied beside Rajveer for his better half and i had no intention to occupy it anytime soon. The glass table laid with various North Indian delicacies.

As soon as I was in the vicinity of their gaze, their questioning eyes landed on me and the bag i was carrying with me.

"Good morning, everybody."
I said pasting a sweet but nervous smile on my face.
A chorus of greetings fell on my ears.

"Come and have your breakfast first, Nivi.
You seem too eager to leave."
My MIL jokingly taunted.

" About that, i actually need to take my leave urgently. There are people awaiting at my apartment doorsteps for quite some time.
And i can have my breakfast later.
So If you will allow me."

I asked nervously as their eyes remain fixed on me.

" Well, if you will wait for a few moments Rajveer will drop you back, it's on his way to office."
Ravneet bhabhi asked smiling at me.

" That will be really nice of him. But my cab is already waiting."
I responded hesitantly.

"Cancel it. I'll just change and drop you."
Rajveer who was silent throughout spoke and left the room.

"I'll get you some breakfast packed."
Simran aunty said patting my arm, and i found myself nodding at her kind gesture, as she nudged me to take a seat meanwhile.