30. Narrow Escape

Prayers for Ukraine.
Let us start by pressing the ⭐ down there.

#_#

Navneet's pov:

After collecting the order and paying the required amount, i made my way towards the exit of the place with a drooling smile on my face and stars in my eyes looking at the sweet delicacy in my hands.

As soon as I stepped out my blood boiled at the scene in front of my eyes. I could see back of a man who was clearly intending to harass Mani. Her constant struggles and pleading eyes didn't go unnoticed by me.

She didn't know many people in this city and was talking to him in low voice, so it was very much clear he had something to do with the troubles Mani was facing. Silently i made my way over to get a proper hold over the situation.

People were looking and passing as if dignity of a woman didn't matter enough for them. But unlike them i wasn't going to stand aside and let her handle it alone.
I observed their conversation as the man named Arun was being confronted by Mani, who apparently was her coward husband.

His disgusting face with tightened features were brewing constant insults at her while she stood listening frozen with broken spirit.
My heart was leaping for her, but she needed that closure to move on.

My body sprang into action as he proceeded to drag her away. Enough was enough i want going to let him do anymore damage that he had already done.

Moving forward i grabbed Mani's arm in my direction successfully freeing her from that bastard's hold, catching him off-guard as he stumbled back with the force i applied.
Yes, I'm a strong woman.

"What the hell?"
Enraged Arun looked in our direction as Mani stood beside me trying to gain her senses back and strode to hold her again making her cower behind me.

"Stay back if you want to return in one-piece."
I warned him standing protectively in front of the scared woman.

"And who will break me, you?"
He scoffed at me.

"You need some serious lessons. Don't worry I'll happily extend the favour to you."
I smirked at him already imagining his disgusting face beaten up.
He snarled baring his teeth.

"Who do you think you are?
My mother?
Listen i don't have any problem with you as long as you go back the same way you came from.

She is my property to do anything with. If you don't want to face the same fate as hers leave peacefully.
And trust me you won't like the consequences."
He spoke in overconfidence stopping at an arm's length.

"Well. Try me."
Ignoring the pleading eyes of Mani, who was constantly trying to stop me, i went on.

"Oh it's gonna be fun.
But too bad I'm not interested in stubborn chicks like you."
He said with a smirk and a fake frown.
And he proceeded to bring Mani forth from behind me, pushing me aside.

The force was harsh if not for my firm feet i would have fallen on the concrete floor, it  just made me stumble on my steps. Dodging his another hit, i attacked him too and broke his nose with the heel of my palm with full force.

I stopped to catch a breath. After calming himself he took a chance and went ahead to hold Mani's hand basking in a momentary slip, his obstinacy was getting me on my nerves. Holding the wrist of his exact hand that was holding her i applied pressure on it, successfully pulling him back to myself.

"You.."
He lifted his other hand to probably slap me in anger as i prepared myself to dodge it instead he fell down due to an unexpected force which was actually a kick at the back of his knees he received from Mani.