31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal

Please convince yourself to start by pressing the ⭐ down there.

$_$

After the events that transpired the past few days, Nivi was reluctant to leave Mani all by herself, even though the impending college visit was short and important.

She was cooking breakfast while trying to reign in the frustration that she was feeling. Whether it was at her helplessness in Mani's case or inability of reaching her husband, the clarity was hazed.

She was mumbling to herself working simultaneously, banging the utensils hard on the shelf or sometimes on the floor.

'No. Not even for a bit.
I won't think about him.'

"What does he think about himself? Why should I always be the one to understand?"

"It's not like I'm the one forcing him to get married.'

"Huh. He can't even manage things from before and he talks about understanding me.
Bullsh*t."

"Are you done or shall I wait some more?"
Nivi turned to look at Mani standing at the threshold of our small kitchen looking amused, refreshed, and much better than before.

"Don't mind me, please. I'm already fed up with this relationship shit."
Nivi grumbled at her smirking friend while Mani laugh at her sulking face.

" Trouble in paradise already? And, I never knew when my little sister grew up.
Relationship and all uh, good going birdie."
Stepping in Mani patted Nivi's head smilingly.

"Well, he must be lucky enough to catch your eye.

Thanks to god I was beginning to think you were going to remain single your whole life."
She asked looking amused and proud.

"Don't even make me start on his luck.
He always gets on my nerves. I'm so done with him. I called him a dozen times since last night but it always goes straight to voice mail. I don't even understand what my parents saw in him.

And he says to prepone the marriage, I mean look at yourself, dude. You can't even manage sh*t.
And dreaming about marrying me.
That arrogant prick..."

With a hand placed on her hip and a spatula in another,
Nivi let out the curses that were running on her mind since morning, without bothering about the person who stood clueless with a confused frown on her face.
Of course, she forgot. Her relationship is secret.

"Yes."
Nivi told her tilting her head, clearly knowing how her slip of tongue must have revealed the supposed secret somehow.

"Huh."
She squeaked with a confused look on her face. Nivi tried to not laugh at her expressions.

"I mean, yes to whatever you are thinking."
Nivi responded to her in a duh tone.

"Do you even know what I was thinking?"
She asked again.

"What else will you think?"
Nivi twisted her upper lip.

"Anyways, if you were thinking that I'm getting married soon with the person I'm engaged, at my family's insistence, then you are right.

if not, then don't bother explaining yourself. Coz that's what the truth is."

Thinking she was supposed to know about it sooner or later, then why not sooner, she gave her a half-truth.
It's not like it was going to stay hidden forever.

"Oh my god, congratulations."
Mani hugged Nivi tightly as she awkwardly patted her back.

"Well, I thought you were a lesbian or an aromantic."
Mani said moving back a little.