14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree

Dedicated to: JyotirmayeeDevi
Thanks for your precious votes on all the previous chapters.
___________________________

Navneet's pov:

Being regular in college and studies never seemed to be an advantage to my boring soul. But for nerd like me, It was a just a way to avoid people.
And for the naughty me, it was to remain in good books of my parents, and specifically teachers, who in turn to help me in remaining in parents' good books, by not involving them in my silly adventures at University.

It has been a month that
I've been never been this thankful to my good stars for saving me from a specie called shopaholics, and currently I am making my way way back to my humble abode after spending a possibly longest day at the University, delaying myself by several hours. Sadly, no one was left there whom I can assist in anything except for sweepers and security men.

I have been constantly looking over my shoulder to not come across my shop maniac friends who must be out here somewhere, as it wass the busiest area of the city, quite famous around.

Ever since, Simi got the license to shop for her heart's content, being the bride she is being consistent in doing it.

Ducking my head down, I passed through the bustling streets and reached my apartment.

My senses went on high alert as I came across my now open door, which I had locked, checking it twice.

As I entered my small living room I was hit by overwhelming aroma of food, laid on the the centre table, which covered half of the space available.

It was literally everything, it made me hypnotised and I took my seat on the couch opposite to it, making me completely forget about my earlier wary self.

I began eating sloppily, like a person who was starved for ages.
Uncivilized woman.
I was lost in my wonderland, until I heard noise from my bedroom.

Last time I thought we lived alone here, Nivi.
Who you think fed you without the intentions of robbing you.

I was suddenly hit by realisation, making me choke on the food I had foolishly stuffed in my mouth.

Slowly swallowing the goodies in my mouth, I picked up the Hockey stick that laid under the table, thanks to my overprotective brother and made my way towards the source of the noise. Internally
hoping that the food I had gobbled up was not contaminated in any way.

The door was wide open,and my precious sleep partner, my Rajjo was stuck underneath the piles of shopping bags.

I wonder where did they come from.
I was expecting myself to be robbed, instead I was gifted with the brand new collection of such beautiful creations.

Suck out of it. Fool.

Oh no. Rajjo, My baby.

I mindlessly threw the pieces of cloth that struck me as beautiful at the first glance and made me forget about my precious little doll.
Taking her out, I cradled her to my chest, checking her arms, legs and head, if they were present.
My little moment was disturbed by my beloved bestfriend who was standing at the door of bathroom patting her hands dry with my doll's dress.

"You are back, Nivi."

I gasped and snatched it from her hands.

"What the hell, woman.
Be a little gentle with me, I am the bride."
Simi shrieked.

"Go and suggest your husband about that."
I retorted back irritated.

This all was happening because of him. Couldn't he wait for a few more years. He is responsible for the battles I am facing daily.
The Nivi who couldn't stay away for a day without her jhallis is avoiding them, to not let their dampen because of her with my sulking.