13. Wedding vibes

Dedicated to: samridhi88
Thanks for the votes and comments, dear.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Navneet's pov:

Weeks passed by so did my vacations and happy mood.

And I had to cut it short, when one fine morning, I received a conference call from my jhallis disrupting my precious sleep. Her wedding was finally being decided.
The meeting with the Virk's was next day and I shouldn't miss it for the world, in her words.

And it was her final intimation that my happy time was really over and I could't delay anymore.

So I had to pack my bags and reach Simi by evening. The seriousness in her tone literally scared me and I was at her place at 3 pm, away from my family and my little munchkin.

Family is such a small word, but it contains the world for me.
Things that you do for each other.
The limits that you are ready to cross over again and again.
Add my crazy bunch to them and it'll be my universe.
My ultimate love and happiness. I don't need anything else.

It was about time that Ms. Simrat's parents decided that they were finally fed-up with the tactics of their daughter and convinced that anything apart from her wedding can help them avoid her pouty face and puppy eyes listening her wedding constantly being postponed due to one reason or another.
Be it her studies or pandemic.
Such a drama queen she is.

So as a responsible best friend I had to be present there whenever the dates and details for the functions were getting fixed and update her back home.

It was Ruby's head, that snuck this idea in her brain.
I can't believe how our fate entwined us together.

So currently here we are at Virk's place, in place of Simi as her spies and allies, to ensure that her demands are duly met. Being the shy bride she is she couldn't participate in these meetings.
This was getting on my nerves. Sometimes she behaves really silly.

After an hours' long discussion, many things were decided.

"So on a final note, the whole wedding event at Alkazar resorts.

Pre wedding and post wedding rituals will be held separately there only, from respective sides of the bride and groom, but Sangeet will be a common event.

And as per children's other demands Holi and Vattna ceremony will be held on the day of holi, so that they can have a full day for fun. Wedding will be on 6th of March and the rest follows as decided."

The Vattna on day of holi was my idea, and I was really proud of it, but it also meant the Anand Karaj will be on the very next day, so no bhang to avoid any hangover.

(*Vattna is the name of haldi ceremony in our culture.)

"And their outfits will be delivered to the bride and groom a day before by the designer's team.
And our outfits will be coordinated after they select their own."
I supplied and everyone nodded.

Fortunately, it was going to be like a fairytale wedding for Simi.
As she was selected as the lucky bride by the team of Band Baaja Bride, and it was going to be shot by nation's renowned photographers and featured as an episode in national television.
And the point of doing all this was that she was going to get the iconic Sabyasachi lehanga for the wedding and tbz jewellery.

We used to be big fans of the show when we were young.
And honestly, I am really jealous of her for that.
So without any doubt I will not let any opportunity to go in vain, to not rub it on her face
about how much lucky she is.