19. The Most Awaited Night

Finally the big day for the much awaited engagement had finally approached.

After being well rested for the night, the inhabitants were much more excited and ready.

As a result, the highlight of the event, the couple to be affianced were huddled up in their rooms by their mothers to protect them from buri nazar.

And as usual, Nivi was seen bouncing around the designated place, correcting the decorations and directing the team to her heart's content, trying to make her bestie's big day perfect.

She was dressed in an oversized sweater that she had stolen from her brother years ago, a beany cap on her head and a fluffy pair of slippers to keep her ever cold feet warm.

All the while keeping a keen eye on Rajveer, who was perched in his balcony working, looking as perfect as ever, even though he was dressed in a normal pair of sweats.

On the other hand, Rajveer was enjoying her not so discreet attention showered on himself, which was not new, as he was used to it.

But somehow her gaze felt different, a good different.
Being oblivious to the other pairs of eyes that were observing him like a piece of meat, which he was.
Her bouquet and a different delicacy had arrived already at her doorsteps, as soon as the sun rose,
Giving Navneet new and different feelings.

However, she was forming the plans of snatching the earth from under Rajveer's feet, who according to her was enjoying the appraising eyes of all the females lurking in the compound.
Feeling like a typical obsessive and nagging girlfriend, which she wasn't.

Twisting the thread of flowers she was holding brutally.

The sight of his ever confident persona, adding to the golden skin that shined under the morning sun, and those captivating eyes shielded with nerd glasses added to the glory of the gorgeous man, making her restless.

'Do you think he would have some girlfriend?' the florist enquired, she clenched her jaws.

'i don't think so,
Even if he had one he will have to sacrifice their relationship one day.

These politicians tend to make betrothal to increase their power and reputation.
They are selfish and ruthless.'
Her neighbour said.

"I guess we are lucky then."

They both giggled, and Nivi rolled her eyes at their grapes are sour antics.

"Did i hire you here go gossip around?"

A high pitched nasally sound echoed, and the working girls flinched at it, and shook their heads.

"Listen well both of you.
I've known him since childhood. And he is one of the most handsome and the eligible bachelors of the country.

And yes we are dating and going to get married soon. So it will be better if you both mind your own business and do your work properly if you want full payment at the end of the day."

"And, lesson of the day-
It's luckier to shed tears in a BMW, then on roadside.
I'd never leave such chance.
And you are never going to get one."