4. The unwanted visit (Edited)

Author's POV:

What the hell, was all he thought, while coming to face the visitors present.

He stared at her dumfounded, as she keenly observed her surroundings, completely oblivious to the presence of a pair of furious eyes, who thought they were actually done for the day.

Navneet's pov:

It was already 7 pm, to my never-ending wait. I had been staring blankly, at my phone screen for any call or text to appear from my so called best friends.

I had already observed every nook and corner of the place, I was offered to wait at their humble abode. I had memorized enough details to walk around blindfolded.

The cries of the baby were already ceased by Mrs. Randhawa, and for about 45 mins I've been waiting for her to take my leave.

I was glancing at the phone, my watch and the stairs, looking for something alien. When suddenly my eyes got stuck at something or rather someone, who must not be allowed to enter here at the first place.

Staring right back into the furious brown pits, I wondered in confusion about the reality of the situation. He was glaring at me, as if he wanted me to vaporize into thin air.

Is he here to steal something? I narrowed my eyes, trying to judge his intentions....or
worse he was here to kidnap the little baby for ransom, or maybe to threaten his mother and blackmail her for harming her family, and convince her to reveal something confidential...
Oh nononono!!

He seems to be thinking something, maybe a plan, definitely.

"SECURITY", I screamed out loud.
He stared at me bewildered, combined with expressions of agitation, fisting his palms.

The person standing at the entrance, barged in and started to look in all the directions for any potential danger.
Why is he ignoring the handsome goon standing right there, oh my waheguru, are they in this together.

"What are you looking at,
Take him out, NOW..
"Take her out, NOW"

Two voices roared simultaneously, as we stared at each other astonished.

"Who let her in?" He yelled out.
I looked at him wide-eyed as he demanded to know, all the while burning holes through his dark chocolate brown eyes, I guess I'm hungry again.
Why do I always think about food at serious times, I need to change that.
Coming back to my senses, where is Mrs. Ravneet?!

I tried to run into the direction of the stairs, where she just went upto....as a hand wrapped tightly around my wrist, stopping my movements, sending a foreign sensation to my body
I turned around only to stare furiously, at the audacity of the holder to touch me.
"Who the hell do you think you are, running around my place like an ostrich", he gritted.

"Mr. Goon, how dare you to compare me to such an animal, and secondly, who gave you the right to touch me. Stay in your limits. Otherwise I won't hesitate to show you your actual place" I said struggling in his strong hold.

The guard was staring at me pleadingly, as he brought the attention of brute to himself.

" Sir, she is bhabhiji's guest. And she was attending her, just awhile ago, till baba woke up."

"What the f**k" he swore out loud.
"Excuse me!!" I was offended. What the hell does he think of himself.

"Mr. Guard, why are you explaining things to him, take him out this instant, trust me he is no good. He is a burglar."

I tried to reason. But the guard was gawking at me as if I had asked him to commit suicide.

While we were busy in stabbing each other in our minds , Mrs.Ravneet descended the stairs holding a phone in her hand,talking and glaring at us, as she reached the end she cut the call.