"I'm going to keep this succinct. Yesterday a heroic man lost his life. His family will always be provided for. I'm sorry I came home and he didn't. His selfless act saved my life and I will be eternally grateful. My wife and I are going to spend a few days away from office. We have been through quite a few weeks. We look forward to returning to Atlas next week with clear heads and a drive for the future. Thank you."

Jace takes my hand and we leave the balcony and step into the elevator to the garage. We climb back into the car. I pull out the garage and head back out the city.
"Where am I going?"
"How do you feel about a commute?" I raise a brow.
"I could live with it?" Jace types an address into the satnav that's about an hour away.
"I was thinking we'd get a condo in town still, that way we have somewhere to go to if we are out."
"Okay, seems like a good idea." He nods, part of me suspects he's already bought one but I'm not going to ask right now. The road I'm driving down feels familiar, I think Charles must live down here somewhere. I pull onto a gated driveway and look at Jace.
"Is this it?" He nods and I drive up to it and the gate opens. We are in Great Neck a funny name for a place but I've heard it's very affluent. I drive down the drive, it's lined by beautiful lawns and trees. I am about a mile down the drive and I still can't see a house. I continue down.
"Have you brought me here to kill me? I can't see a house for miles." Jace laughs.
"If I wanted to kill you id have gone to less effort." He winks. After what feels like forever a beautiful grey stone house comes into view. It's huge and has so many windows. It's accents are white wood and it looks perfect. There is 4 large garages to the side of the house. How does Jace find these places? I park in the front of the house. The realtor stands outside the door and smiles.
"Hi Guys you must be Mr and Mrs Atlas yes?" Jace extends his hand and the man takes it.
"Yeah that's us."
"This is a fab home for raising a family, working from home you name it and it's got it."
"Yeah it looks lovely." I say.
"Do you guys have a property to sell?"
"We are going to sell our home on the upper east side. We don't need to wait for the sale or anything we are cash buyers." Jace informs
"Amazing; what's the place like on the upper east side?"
"It's a 10 bed detached town house. We are thinking of putting it on the market for around 86 mil, just slightly more than we paid." The realtor looks between us and nods.
"I see well if you need a agent let me know I know some good ones. So as you know this property is up for 40 million. It has 10 bed and 12 baths, a swimming pool, fabulous gym and has 12 acres of land including a dockside onto a private beach." This house sounds insane, but also insanely cheap compared to what our house in the centre is.
"It was built in 2000 but has been renovated throughout its inhabitants. I'll let you guys walk around and have a look. The current owners are happy to sell with furniture for an additional 1 million." Jace nods and walks inside the lobby is grand and has two sweeping stair cases that leads to the upper floor. The hallway has quartz looking flooring and is generally breathtaking. I walk into the living area and it's cosy with big fireplaces and open windows. The floor is wooden with big rugs covering it. I can see our children playing here and dancing around the lounge. I smile and look at Jace whose looking at me.
"The fire would be nice at Christmas." Jace says and i nod. I don't need to see anymore I love this house. We walk through the house and find the kitchen, it's a beautiful family kitchen, unlike our last place I'm certain I could cook in here. We continue round to the offices, a library, a cosy room, a games room. We go upstairs and see some of the bedrooms and bathrooms.
"I want it." I say to Jace whose smiling and nodding.
"Me too, it's perfect." We walk back down to the realtor.
"We'd like the house."
"What's your offer, Jace looks at me."
"How much do you love it?" I nod.
"I can see our children dancing around the lounge, us growing old here." He nods and smiles
"All cash offer of 50 million, no contingency close in 5 days we want the furniture included." The estate agent raises his brow.
"That's 9 million over asking are you sure?" Jace nods. The real estate agent calls his clients. As expected they accept the offer.
"Congratulations guys. Welcome home! Your keys will be ready in 5 days." Jace smiles and shakes his hand.
"Thanks." Jace hands him a business card.
"You can get us both here, leave a message and someone will get it to us. I'll wire the cash over if you email the information of the sellers." He nods and locks the house up. Jace and I walk back to the car. He walks around to my side to opens the door, before I climb in he reaches his arm around me.
"I have a confession."
"What's that?"
"I already bought a condo."
"I know."
"What?"
"I had a feeling when you said about it."
"I had all our stuff moved into it today I hope that's okay. We can stay there a few days before the house is ready?"
"Okay sounds good, I'm going to assume it's nice."
"It's exactly a you type of place." Jace replies and smiles planting a small kiss on my lips. I climb into the drivers seat and Jace gets into the passenger seat.
"Shall I go there now?"
"Yeah I'm getting tired so could do with 5. Then we can go look for cars if you want?"
"Yeah let's see when we get there." I am also feeling tired but that's an entirely different reason from Jace. I drive back to the city.
"Where am I going by the way?"
"Park Avenue, I'll show you where when we get there."
"Park avenue? How much did this condo cost Jace?"
"100 million." My eyes go wide.
"100 million on a house we won't use every day?"
"It was the only one I thought we'd like, and it's so close to work and where we went on that walk." I nod. I appreciate Jace has a lot of money but that seems excessive I'm not going to argue with him though.
"Jace if you'd died yesterday I'd have no idea what things we have or don't and how much money or any of that." He looks at me and laughs.
"Is that a bad thing?"
"It's a confusing thing. I need you to let me into your world a bit more."
"Okay, that's fair. I need to go over accounts with you anyway I've been thinking about that for a while." I nod and pull onto park avenue.
"Where am I going."
"Just in there." He points to a really tall sky scrapers parking garage and I pull in. He directs me to the penthouse parking slot. I park accordingly and Jace climbs out the car and stretches. He has bags under his eyes now and looks really tired. I climb out and he takes my hand to the elevator. He hits the button and I can't help but think back to Edinburgh and how different it was back then. When the elevator pings Jace walks and unlocks the door. He opens it to the most amazing penthouse, it's decorated in white and gold and has small accents of colour. He's right it is very me. It looks very similar to our penthouse in Edinburgh. Jace pulls me to a room that's down a hall, it's our bedroom. It has an entire wall of beautiful glass windows that shows Central Park, it's so bizarre to be so high up but the apartment is beautiful.
"I love it." I whisper and he smiles.
"I knew you would. It has 5 bedrooms so we can live here from time to time too. One of the rooms is a perfect nursery." I nod and smile. Jace takes my hand and leads me to the bed. He pulls my dress over my head and takes his suit off too. He pulls me into the bed and wraps his arms around me.
"Will you stay with me while I have a quick sleep?" I laugh.
"You think I'm not going to have a nap with you?" He kisses my neck.
"This is why I love you."