Chapter 74

Graces POV

We say goodbye to the lawyers and Jace closes the door. He runs to me and picks me up. I wrap my legs around him.
"You're going to be here. You're going to see our child grow up Jace." I can feel the tears falling from my eyes. They are happiness tears. I'd been so scared of having to deliver a baby and raise them on my own. I won't have to now.
"I can't tell you how happy this makes me." Jace replies.
"You can keep your company." I laugh. Jace shakes his head.
"No. It's ours. Everything I said was true. I want you to stand at the top with me. You're amazing Grace. You can do this." I smile and wrap my arms around my free baby daddy. That sounded weird to say even if it is in my head.
"I think there's always going to be part of me scared you'll get arrested Jace." He smiles and nods.
"Me too, it's not done yet. I need to find out whose blackmailing Chris, we have no clue if they have anything else on me. I've arranged for a PI to do some digging."
"I think that's a good idea."
"Todays been stressful and tonight isn't going to be much easier, can we go take some time to chill in bed?" Jace asks with a smile. I like just chilling in bed so he doesn't ever have to ask. I nod.
"Sounds good." He carries me up the stairs and I laugh I kiss at his neck and he smirks. We get to the bedroom and he gently puts me down. I'm almost certain if I wasn't pregnant he'd have thrown me.
"I don't want you to go away on business again."
"Why not?"
"I'm scared. Please don't. Not for a while."
"Are you scared of loosing it?" Jace asks. I nod.
"I won't. Or I'll try not to. You can come if I do. It's kind of irrelevant anyway seem as the cops have suspended my passport." Jaces takes his top and his trousers off and slips under the covers. He rolls onto his side and looks at me.
"Have you thought anymore about our situation?" I nod.
"I want to see what the bloods say. I think if they're good I'll do the surgery." Jace smiles.
"I'll be with you every step of the way. I think we will be fine though." He says. His hand reaches my face and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
"God I love you." He says quietly. I smile and roll over to him. He lies flat and pulls me into lay on his chest. At some point I drift off to sleep.

"Grace..Grace!" Jace is trying to wake me.
"Grace the doctor is ringing."
"Answer it then." I reply half asleep.
"Hello? Yeah hello. Yes she is with me. Okay, what does that mean. Right. Yeah okay I'll let her know. Thanks. Bye." I roll over half asleep.
"Go on then ruin my day."
"Your bloods are fine. Your iron is lower than most but they expect that. They've written you a prescription for us to collect if iron tablets."
"Shit." I reply this means I'm going to get the surgery.
"Is it too late to change my mind?"
"No but you shouldn't. It's the right thing to do." I know he's right deep down. I just don't want surgery for one and two I don't want to loose our baby. I think it will kill me if I had to loose another one.
"I think you should ring the doctor and say you'll do it rather than waiting. She dad say the earlier the better." Jace is once again right. I keep my eyes closed but hold my hand out. He dials the number for me and puts it on speaker. I know he's only doing this before I change my mind.
"Hello?"
"Hi It's Grace from earlier today."
"Hi Grace, everything ok?"
"I'll have the surgery."
"I think that's a good choice for you and Jace. I'll try my best to make sure you both are okay but of course can't guarantee any outcomes."
"When do you think we should do it?"
"I actually have had some surgery moved around tomorrow if you're ready?"
"I'm never going to be ready but fine."
"I'll need you here at 7.30 am for admission, I'd bring an overnight bag just incase but normally I'm happy for same day discharge. It's not at the clinic it's at Presbyterian hospital okay?"
"Okay no problem. Thanks."
"See you tomorrow Grace." I pass the phone back to Jace to hang up.
"You'll be fine baby." Jace kisses my cheek.
"You do need to get up. We need to go do the press conference." I moan and roll over and open my eyes. To my surprise Jace is in a full suit.
"When did this happen."
"You've been asleep a while. I'd let you sleep in but you need to come tonight." I nod and climb out of bed.
"I got you something out; I hope it's okay?" Jace says motioning to a dress that matches his suit better than I would have thought. I slide into the dress and pull my hair into a bun.
"Do I look okay like this? I'm not feeling particularly motivated to look amazing."
"You look perfect as always." He kisses my forehead.
"The town car will be here in a second. Ready COO?" I nod and follow him down stairs. I slip on a pair of red heels to give the illusion I tried.
"Jace you know if you're free you don't have to do this?"
"I know. I'd really like to though, it's something I've thought about for a few months now." Jace opens the door and motions me out of it. I follow his lead and climb into the town car waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. Jade slides in next to me and checks his phone.
"I've email you your updated contract with your salary information on it." I roll my eyes.
"I'm fine with surviving off you."
"Well obviously you don't earn anywhere near what I do, but it's a healthy salary. Also when your next guest speaker asks if you own a Fortune 500 you can legitimately say yes this time." He teases and laughs. It also makes me laugh.
"What about Columbia?"
"What about it?"
"Can I still go?"
"Yeah of course Grace, do I work every day? No."
"You kinda own the company though, like not even a CEO you own the entire thing no one is above you."
"Not after today I don't." I smile. I never thought I'd be this wealthy. I kind of don't want it but I love how happy it makes him to share this with me.