Chapter 7

The night passes quickly, I was exhausted and sleep came quick. I wake up to hear Jace on the phone in the living area, I walk up to the door and press my ear to it " Yeah sorry Enzo, she is just in need of some space. You know what it's like. Yep. Yeah. Sure no problem. I'll be back in tomorrow. I'll let you know if Grace is to. Hah yeah exactly. Alright Cheers bye." Enzo? I didn't realise he was in such friendly terms with Mr Anderson. I guess he has to keep Jace in his good side, Jace in essence being the CEOs son. Although, I'm not sure you'd ever assume this way and frankly biologically Jace has no claim. He's adopted, but an only child to his barren parents.

I pad over to the bathroom and take a glance at myself in the mirror, I look rested, more than I thought I would. I'm in my favourite PJs, brushed cotton with avocados covering them. I can't wait for the snide comment that comes from Jace. I decide not to jump in the shower and get dressed. Instead I pad into the living area and put the TV on. I plop onto the sofa when Jace simultaneously comes out his room. "Sorry I was just putting some clothes on." I sneak a peak. He classes that as clothes? He's wearing cotton jogging trousers. They look good. His chest is bare and his tattoos are proudly on display. I just roll my eyes and pretend I'm watching Married at first site.

Jace is in the kitchen, he is making coffee and something on the stove. I'm trying to not peak. I don't want to give him the satisfaction. It doesn't take long for his impatience to take over him and he brings me a coffee sitting down next to me. He runs his eyes over me, I feel judged, he is judging.
" Nice PJs?" "Nice clothes, oh wait." I retort in a dead pan voice. He sniggers " what would you like to do today?" I ponder this thought. I'm not interested in history repeating itself. "I don't care. I'd like to sit here watching married at first sight." He huffs and stands going to the stove. "Fuck...um I think I'll have to go to town and get some breakfast I've burnt the eggs." "How do you even burn eggs?" I return but I can smell it already. The penthouse stinks. I stand up " I don't need breakfast anyway, I'm going for a shower." He's walking towards me. He's dreaming if he thinks we are going to take a shower ever again together. "Grace, Baby, you have to eat. You need iron and protein you know this." I flinch. Why does he keep bringing this up. "I do just fine on my own." "That's settled then, we will go to breakfast to start our day." I roll my eyes. Once again he completely dismissed my comment. I walk to the bedroom closing the door behind me and continue on doing the same in the bathroom with the addition of locking it. My shower is far to long, the water is beginning to cool. Something I wasn't aware the penthouse was cable of. I climb out and wrap myself in my robe. I finish off washing my face and brushing my teeth and take a deep breath. I open the door to my bedroom only to find him sat on my bed. He's fully clothed now, his signature black skinny jeans and jumper with shirt on. I use to love how he dressed, young but smart. I can feel my heart ache in my chest. Him being here is not good for me. "Can I help you?" Hoping he has a simple response I wait. "No I just wanted to see you." "See me naked?" A smirk covers his face "no just talk." " we have the entire day for that, can you leave?" I motion to the door. He shakes his head, he stands up and grabs my kindle. "To kill a mocking bird again?" My comfort book. I love it.

I get dressed hastily and in a steamy bathroom cursing his persistence. I've opted for navy skinny jeans with a lace blouse I put on light makeup and tie my hair back off my face. "You look good Grace, so good." He's pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. I love it when he does this. His eyes follow me through the room. "Let's go then." He jumps up and paces to the living area putting on a black lined denim jacket. I join him in putting a coat on, opting for my simple oversized woollen coat. It's pink and it's my favourite. Although I do need to invest in a umbrella because it has no hood.

We reach the cars quickly. He blips his sliding into the drivers seat. I don't argue and climb into the passenger side. We are racing down the streets until he sees a bistro he likes the look of, he parks on the road infront of it on double yellows. He doesn't care, he can afford the ticket. I roll my eyes and mutter "dick" under my breath. He catches on and looks over at me with a frown. He's grumpy I can tell, he's trying and I'm shutting him down constantly. I roll my eyes and climb out the car. I know this look, it's taking everything in him not to drive away and leave me here. In Chicago if I called him a dick he wouldn't hesitate. He climbs out the car and rushes past me opening the door for me. His cologne floats through the air as he passes me. It's delicious, he always smelt so good.

A pretty girl sits us at a table out the way, as per his request. I wonder if he thinks we are going to fight? I hide my chuckle. Maybe in Chicago we'd of had a debate, but I don't have the energy, I'm here to make him leave. Why does my heart ache at this thought? He has to leave. I can't be broken again. I can't start over with him.
"So..What made you take the Atlas job even though you knew there was a risk of me being around?" He's smirking. He thinks I did it deliberately for him. " I took it because it paid best, gave me time for my masters and would look good on a CV." He looks dissatisfied with my answer but doesn't press. Did I stay with Atlas to reconnect with him? I dismiss my thoughts of course i didn't.