Part 64

Jaces POV

My alarm is buzzing far to loud and I swipe at it to turn it off. I stretch and climb out of bed. Grace sits up looking at me in horror.
"Where are you going it's 6.30 in the morning?!" I laugh and walk over to her.
"I'm going to go work out and then I need to work baby."
"Are you going to the office?" I nod and smile. I need to finalise the purchase of TSC but also make sure Atlas is still operational, as much as I'm not the grinch I'm not a believer in a two week shut down either.
"I'll come." Grace jumps out of bed and rummages through the only chest of drawers in our room, she slides on some yoga pants and a sports bra. I raise a brow.
"You're going to come with me to the gym..dressed like that?"
"What's wrong with this?"
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with it." I bite my lip and look over her.
"So long as you don't mind every other guy in the gym looking at you like I do." I'm not the jealous type, I just don't want people making Grace feel uncomfortable.
"They won't it's fine." This girl has no idea how beautiful she is. Even straight out of bed. I roll my eyes and toss on some joggers and a T-shirt. I also pack a suit with a shirt.
"I'll be in the car." I say. Grace runs out the bathroom smelling of mint and perfume.
"I'm coming chill out." She grins at me. I don't deserve this girl. She's carrying a bag that's clearly full of stuff. I grab it off her.
"Lock the door behind you." I walk to the under ground garage and hang our clothes in the boot. It amazes me such an intelligent girl still screws clothes up into a bag. Grace skips around the corner and climbs into the passenger seat of the car. I hit the button to shut the boot and climb in the drivers seat. I turn out the garage and head to the gym near Atlas HQ. It's really quite out this morning so we get there really quickly. I scan in and Grace pays for a day pass at the counter. I toss our bags in a locker and head over to the running machine. Grace follows me over but goes to the bikes instead. She's quite funny in the gym. I know she use to go In Edinburgh everyday but she seems kind of lost here. She's cute though walking around like that. I start my run and put some tv on the treadmill. I decide to watch the office again. When I hit 7 miles I jump off and head to the weight area. I haven't seen Grace in a while so I assume she's got into her workout somewhere. The next thing I know I hear a commotion over by the rope climbs. It's not bad it's people cheering someone on. I walk over, why would I not learn to expect it to be Grace by now! Grace is sliding up the ropes trying to perfect her grip. One of the coaches is talking her through it and there's a small group of people cheering her on. I smile and join them. She's quite impressive for a small person. Grace clocks me and her hands slip and she falls onto the floor. I panic and run over to her.
"Shit Grace are you okay?" She nods and dusts her hands off.
"Do I really have that big an effect on you." She laughs.
"I was scared you'd be embarrassed of me."
"What are you talking about? You were doing great! I'd never be embarrassed of you trying something new baby." I help her up.
"Let's go get you cleaned up." Grace is covered in chalk powder, she looks hilarious but I'm not going to tell her that. I'm not convinced she hasn't hurt herself because she's very quiet. We get to the family changing rooms and she sits on the bench. I squat down infront of her.
"What's up baby?" Her eyes are swimming in tears and I'm really concerned now.
"I'm fine really." She replies. I take her hands in mine.
"Grace I can see your welling up if you're hurt we can go get you checked over." She shakes her head.
"I'm just embarrassed." I stand up and grab her hands forcing her to stand with me. I pull her into a hug and hold her tightly.
"Grace you don't ever have to be embarrassed for trying something new and failing. We all start somewhere. We will come back next time and I'll help you through it."
"You know how?" She mumbles into my chest.
"I do." She wraps her arms around me and we stay like this for a while till she stops sobbing.
"Shall we go to work now? You're very good at that." She gives me a small smile and I know I've cheered her up. We both go get ready in our designated changing rooms. I walk out to the lobby and wait for her to appear. I check my emails and browse through to see if there's anything important cropped up. I flag a few things to get straight on with. I look up and Grace is finally dressed. She looks incredible in a black dress with her hair in a ponytail.
"Ready?" I ask and she nods. I grab her bags off her and we walk to the car. I pop them in the boot and climb into the car. I love this. Life feels so complete right now. For the first time I feel whole. We spoke about everything, Charles has my back covered and me and Grace are doing well.