Chapter 66

Jaces POV

Grace and I get dressed ready for the party. I can't help but worry about tonight. I don't want to fight with Grace tonight but it seems to happen whenever we drink. Grace steps out the dressing room and she looks absolutely breathtaking in the dress I designed for her. I never thought in a million years I'd do any of this shit for a girl but she makes me want to.
"You look beautiful." I walk over to her pull her into me.
"Thank you, you also look dashing Mr Gatsby." I chuckle at her comment. I opted for a silk black suit with bow tie. Much like the new film adaption Gatsby. My tattoo's definitely don't make me look from the Gatsby era. Graces dress has a low cut back and I run my finger up her spine over her only tattoo. She's exquisite. If she wasn't dressed in a majorly expensive dress and only 5 minutes till the car comes I'd take her here and now and never let here leave the bedroom. I smirk and let out a chuckle.
"What?"
"I was just thinking about fucking you all night." I smirk at her again and she grins.
"I'd like that. But tonight is your night." I smile at how selfless she is. I hold my arm out.
"Ready?" She nods and loops into my arm. We walk to the front of the house and i grab the stick like Gatsby occasionally has. I lock the front door and walk to the car. I opted for a 1928 rolls Royce in black. Grace looks exquisite sat in such a car. She looks very appropriate. I slide in next to her and the driver pulls away. I slide Grace over to my side and wrap my arm around her. I tuck my finger under her chin and raise her lips to mine.

It doesn't take long to arrive at TSC. The building is far larger and grander than Atlas. It's decorated in marble and nearly entirely glass. I photographer is taking photos of Grace and I exit the car. I extend my hand to her and she takes it with a smile. We walk up the red carpet and I pause allowing the press to take some photos. Better to do this than see some awful mug shots in the paper tomorrow. Grace wraps her arm around me and I do the same. I know we look perfection.
"Jace!!" Charles calls from the door. I smile and walk over to him.
"Charles this is Grace my better half."
"Grace it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Jace has told me so much about you." He bends to Graces ear and whispers loud enough to hear
"Welcome to the elite class of the world, where we party too hard and earn more money than god." He pulls back and raises his brows a few times. I know Grace felt insanely uncomfortable so I give her a tight squeeze on her waist and she smiles.
"Thanks Charles. For everything." She replies allowing him to know she knows our secrets and he nods.
"A pleasure, we are all one now." Charles gets dragged off on alternative business and I walk Grace into the grand building and I look around. I'm quite proud to own this space.
"I'm really sorry about him, he can be braggy." Grace shakes her head and smiles looking through her eyelashes at me.
"I understand the part I play Jace. You don't need to apologies." Jesus she's so good. What I did to deserve her I don't know.
"So what do you think." I motion my hand around my building.
"I think you have too much money, but it's amazing, it's a building I'd be proud to work in." I smile I walk to the bar and grab us both a Martini.
"To us Mrs Atlas, you're my world and more. Thank you." She touches her glass to mine.
"To your dynasty." She replies and I shake my head.
"To our dynasty." Shes really got to stop viewing our worth separately. We are an item and I'll always be hers I've came to realise, regardless of if she's stood by me.

A lot of the night is spent introducing myself and Grace to big hitters in the oil industry and city officials. She's the perfect wife. Charming and surprisingly well researched although I never doubted her ability. She really does deserve a promotion. The time approaches midnight and myself and Charles, along with Grace move to the balcony to make a speech. Charles opens.

"I'm so pleased to look down and see all my good friends here with me at this fabulous party thrown by my friends and I Jace and Grace, for those who don't know they own the Atlas name and every company that comes under that empire. Let me tell you their portfolio is vast and I look forward to seeing Jace as a US senator in no time once he's bored of business. Please raise a glass to my beautiful friends.