The Elite - Chapter Two

Haven't uploaded in while, so, here I am. I was actually away on break...but I'm back now! Anyways, this chapter isn't as long as the last, but I still hope you like it.

    Enjoy! :D 

    Vote, Comment, Liberatize!!

     Chapter (2)

    The next morning was a lazy one. Mama was up in her study writing the next chapter to her upcoming book ‘The Wonders That Lie Beneath’ while I stayed holed up in the living room watching reruns of Veronica Mars.

    The packet of chips I had brought for company was now sitting empty on the coffee table along with Mama’s old battered copy of Wuthering Heights and her third pair of reading glasses. I was starting to get bored with the blonde on screen when the doorbell rang.

    I got up and stretched lazily, almost knocking over a stack of books beside the sofa before heading to the door.

    “Oh, Bonny – hi.” I said, brows knitted together once I had opened the door and saw her leaning against the frame.

    “Hi, Cassandra!” She chirped.

    “I – uh, it’s Cassie.” I mumbled nervously.

    “Cassie.” She tried out before smiling. “Can I come in?”

    “Yeah, if you-“she bounced past me and into the living room. “-want to.”

    “Wow, you read a lot then?” she gestured to the pile of books closest to the sofa and picked one up.

    “No, they’re Mama’s. She’s going through a…faze, writers block – and it helps her to push through it – reading other people’s work, I mean.” I said quickly.

    “Twilight?”

    I frowned at her and she held up a battered copy of the third Twilight book with a smirk.

    “I never put your Mom down as a Robert Pattinson fan.”

    “Oh, she’s just trying different things out. Have you read any of her books – my Mama’s?” I asked hesitantly.

    “May I?” she looked at the sofa then back at me.

    “Sure.” I mumbled. She plopped down on the sofa, but not before pushing the comforter I had been using away.

    “Who doesn’t read your Mama’s books?” She asked, a huge grin on her face. “I’ve read them all and I’ve got to say that her third book Dawn Of Dangers was my favourite. Just the way that she said love was for fools – well, that was amazing.”

    I frowned at her. Wasn’t just last night that she asked Matt out?

    “Oh, I know what you’re thinking.” She got more comfortable on the sofa then looked up at me with a soft gaze. “Love is for fools – don’t get me wrong. But I have to at least try. Like my Mama says, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.”

    I nodded and shifted slightly under her gaze, trying my best to cover up my sweats and tank. The fact that Bonnie was here, in yet another designer dress was completely embarrassing on my half.

    “Nevertheless, I didn’t come here to have a conversation about your mothers fabulous work; I came here to present you with an invitation.” She sat up in a formal manner, a smile spreading across her face as she took in my shocked face.