𝟻𝟺. 𝙼𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

I take a deep breath looking at the large door in front of me. Ace takes my hand in his, giving it a small squeeze.

I look up, meeting his eyes. I can see the worry and nervousness in his expression but he quickly turns away.

No one knew we were coming, not even Enzo, I thought it would be better so Dad wouldn't have time to plan anything stupid.

We both take a breath in, exhaling slowly before Ace leans down to give me a quick kiss.

I grab the handle slowly, opening it to be met with an empty foyer. I'm hit with my familiar scent, one that I haven't smelled in forever .

Unlike Ace's house, there aren't any workers roaming about, so the house is dead silent. I take in the silence before calling out "Mama" my voice loud enough for anyone home to hear.

The house is still quiet until I yell out again "Mama, Enzo" I hear a door open upstairs followed by footsteps leading to the balcony.

I'm soon met with Mama overlooking the foyer, "OH MY- SERENE DEAR" she rushes towards the stairs. I let go of Ace's hand, dropping my bag on the floor before running over to meet her.

She beats me to it and crashes into me at the end of the stairs, I gain my balance letting her squeeze me as tight as she wants.

"I missed you so much mama" I close my eyes taking in the scent of my sweet mother.

When I open my eyes I'm met with none other than my father, standing behind mama. His expression mixed with disbelief, anger, and one I can't seem to make out.

His eyes travel behind me, landing on Ace. His expression drops as he stares between us.

"Oh, mama I want you to meet someone" I say grabbing her hands as I lead her to Ace.

He's standing in front of the door, my bag in his hand. "This is Ace....my boyfriend"

Mama looks between us repeatedly, but her smile never drops. I can tell Ace is nervous but he keeps the same monotone expression on his face.

"So he's the one that's been keeping you from me" her tone serious

"No mama- i" Before I get the chance to finish she lets go of my hand and pulls Ace in for a hug.  He's reluctant but wraps his hand around her, my bag swinging and hitting her with a soft thump.

"My baby finally brought a man home, a handsome one at that" god mama's so sappy. I shake my head laughing at her comment.

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Black"

"No need to be so formal dear, I'm enastasia" she gives me a warm smile. "Apollo don't just stand there, your daughter is back" She looks over at Dad.

"Serene"

"Father" my voice monotone.

Everyone is now gathered in the foyer. Enzo, Anthony, Adrian, even Sophie.

Enzo told me she and Adrian had moved in when I left but I guess it just feels weird to actually see them here.

"Where's Nina? We'll go get dinner started" mams pull me in for another hug "Don't you dare go anywhere"

I laugh in response " I won't mama"

Once she's out of the room Enzo comes over to give me a hug "I didn't think you would actually follow through"

"Oh shut up" I slap his arm.

The confusion on Adrian's face is clear but Anthony doesn't seem to be fazed. Then again he's only ever cared about himself.

"Ace" Enzo's voice stern

"Lorenzo" Ace's voice hard but I could tell he wasn't serious, Enzo chuckles