𝟸𝟻. 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚌𝚔

When I agreed to help Luna out I didn't think it would involve spending the whole day with Ace. It's too late to back out and I'm not going to ruin someone's special day.

Luna decided this was the right time to propose to Ginova. Although I've only known them for the few months I've been here.

Who would've thought that I would be staying in this house for 4 months, becoming friends with these people, letting them in slowly with each day.

Unfortunately, these feelings for ace haven't left despite our conversion, I told him I still hate him and he didn't care. I meant nothing to him, merely another inconvenience in his life.

That itself angered me, the need for wanting to mean something to someone I barely know anything about.

This is pathetic. I've found myself in a position to be yearning for some man.

I don't know what it is about him, I've never felt the need to ever be in a relationship, all my desires fulfilled by random one-night stands that did a good enough job.

Countless times people tried to make something out of nothing, begging me to at least go on one date, and not once did I ever give in, or even entertain the idea of any type of relationship.

Even with that, my feelings for Ace aren't even mutual they'll never will. So as I stood there getting ready to go downstairs to start my day, the anger and resentment from our conversion still sat.

I brought upon myself, I can't blame anyone else this is exactly how things should be.

No reason to go try to chase some impossible dream of happiness with men when I'm sure it's nothing but lust. At Least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

I put on my shoes, and my crossover purse which I already packed with my phone, charger, some lip gloss, an extra hair tie, and scarf in case the weather gets bad. I take a last look in the mirror,

Today's outfit was jean shorts that were tight around my thighs and a cropped white tie-around shirt that covered just my boobs and tied in the middle.

It's gonna be pretty hot and we're going to be outside the whole day. Leaving the room, I start walking downstairs cracking my fingers as I go.

Ace was standing in the corridor doing something on his phone, in his regular slacks and a black button-up; the sleeves rolled up past his elbow.

The sound of my footsteps is enough to make him turn in my direction, throwing a small glance my way.

"We have to get going," he states as he walks out the front door. From the looks of it, neither of us is looking forward to being stuck with each other.

I head to the front door taking my time, if he's going to be a dick then so be it. Once we get to the car, he starts the engine; still, not a word exchanged between us.

The gates open up as we pull out the driveway, I take this opportunity to grab my phone from my purse.

"We have to pick up the flowers first," I say as I read the list that luna sent me "then we can pick up the gifts"

He gives me a nod of acknowledgment keeping his eyes on the road.

My eyes travel down his body, the tattoos on his arms, rings perfectly decorating his hands, the veins popping through as he holds the steering wheel with one hand.

The car ride is pretty quiet for the most part, both of us avoiding any form of contact keeping our focus on separate things.

We pull into the parking lot of a large flower shop, and the car comes to a stop. He grabs the keys and we both get out. The shop is vintage style with many hanging plants and bouquets of flowers outside on display.