𝟻𝟷. 𝙶𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢

I zip up my duffle bag dropping it next to Ace's, as I walk out of the room. It's already 10:30 pm, we were supposed to be out of the house an hour ago.

Apparently Ace planned us a small weekend getaway, a much-needed one at that. Seeing as we had spent the whole week taking care of baby Barry while Luna and Nova were on their honeymoon.

He said it was so we could have some alone time. It has been a while since it's been just us since he's on the clock 24/7.

But I don't really think that his minions are okay with him going off the grid for two days.

Both Rafael and Angelina magically appeared an hour ago while we were packing and Ace hasn't been out of his office.

I go downstairs and head over to Ace's hallway, the usual guards are gone and the door to his office is cracked open a bit.

Their voices are still low as I approach, I walk into the office causing all three of them to look up.

They're all at the meeting table, files stacked in front of Ace with  Angelina and  Rafael on either sides of the table.

"Um I'll come back later I guess," I say just about to turn around

"No no amore-" he stops to scan the work infront of him "we were just wrapping up"

"Boss we still have to-"

"But Mr.romano-" they say simultaneously but the look on his face shuts them both up.

I appreciate his effort but I don't want to be the reason all his work gets backed up. He looks back at me and I can tell he wants me to come over.

I walk over to him and immediately, he pulls me into his lap. His hand wraps around my waist. "We don't have to go we can do it another time"

"Yes, that would be best Mr.romano is-"

"chi ha detto che sapevi parlare?" he turns to Angelina his face deadly.

"Ace love it's clear you have a lot of work it's fine really" My hand lightly taps against his chest.

"Amore" I nod in response "go grab the bags per favore, I'll be out in a minute" I can't help the smile that appears on my face.

I get up off of his lap heading towards the door when Ace speaks again "this weekend is no contact I don't want either of you idiots interrupting my time with my girlfriend"

—---

"Yes finally" I let out a sigh as we pull into the valet line, Ace just chuckles putting the car in park

We've been in the car for over an hour and I'm honestly ready to call it a night. There's only one car ahead of us directly in front of the hotel entrance.

We both open our doors at  the same time, I watch as Ace grabs the duffel bags from the back seat before handing the keys to the worker.

He walks over to my side sliding his hands into mine, I rest my head on his shoulder as we start heading in.

The lobby is absolutely gorgeous, all the lights are dim. The only people to be found are workers going about their jobs.

Ace lead us directly to the front desk, the guy behind the counter looks up giving a small smile. One that Ace doesn't return.

"Get Riccardo on the line" The worker looks confused but Ace's tone doesn't really leave room for questions.

He puts in a number, putting the phone up to his ear. I guess the person answers because he hands the phone to Ace.