𝟸𝟿. 𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛

Love; An intense feeling of deep affection towards someone or something.
—————-—————————————

Today feels weird

I stubbed my toe on the edge of the bed first thing this morning, and couldn't sleep all night, my thoughts taking over.

On my way down I overheard Val and Gio talking about me but when I asked what they were saying they just brushed it off. Everyone kind of got up late so breakfast is at noon today.

Sitting at the head of the table is Ace. he keeps staring at me, every time I look up and catch him he just looks away like nothing happened. Am I going crazy?

But on the other hand, Lana made her homemade blueberry pancakes and they're absolutely delicious.

We're all sitting at the table eating our food, the room is filled with food munching, forks and knives hitting the plates as they cut through the pancakes, and small chatter.

I take the last bite of my pancakes and drink the rest of my juice before dropping my napkin on the plate. "So serene do you have any plans for today?" Val asks from across the table.

Not really I was hoping to just stay in my room, maybe finally get some of the sleep that I missed last night.

"Yeah just stay in and relax" he turns to Gio giving him a knowing look. Seriously, what is going on with them?

Everyone finished up their food and starts to leave the dining room. Ace and I are the only ones left in.

We haven't really spoken since we left the hotel, it's not like we were ever besties that talked all the time but I guess things have just been left in a weird place.

I enjoyed everything that happened and that's the problem the more room I leave for things like that to happen the deeper things get. It would be useless since it will end in nothing but my dismay.

Sometimes I do wonder what goes on in his head though: like what is he feeling? Is he thinking the same thing? Even though I know he isn't, I still hope.

The chair squeaks as I move back to get up from the table, Ace looks at me one last time before turning back to his phone. I walk out of the dining room going to the living room.

Dante and Val are sitting on the couch just chilling when I plop onto the bean bag chair. It sucks me in instantly making me have to shift around to get comfortable.

"So how was your trip?" Val asks, giving me a cocky smirk.

"Boring, I didn't wanna go in the first place" Just as I said that Ace walks out of the dining room. He gives me a look that can't be explained and I just look away.

The front door opens and slams shut, it's no guess that it was him. The sound of his car roaring to life reaches the living room through the opened windows.

"Where is he always going?" Usually, when he goes for any work-related thing he gets ready ahead of time.

"Why do you care?"

"I was just wondering" I respond nonchalantly and Val just nods. The room is silent as we all just go on our phones not saying a word.

My mind keeps traveling back to Ace storming out earlier, was he mad about what I said?

No no he couldn't. He probably just had something to take care of.

Or he's meeting someone. What if he's in a relationship? Gio did say that he was pretty secretive. It wouldn't be a surprise if he is seeing someone and I never knew.