𝟷𝟷. 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝

I looked out the window to see Ace's car pulling up. God, why does he keep coming back, I get this is his house but doesn't he have things to do?

Hearing the sound of keys jingling as the front door started opening, I ran back to the couch grabbing a pillow.

"Oh look you're still in my house," he says as he enters the house. I roll my eyes looking over to him " well you had the opportunity to get rid of me"

He just ignores me walking up the stairs. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I guess after the whole argument and him almost killing me, I've just been a bit on edge around him.

Turning on the tv and putting on a random show paying no attention to it but instead letting my thoughts take over.

Thump

A loud bang comes from upstairs, I instantly turn my head towards the sound but, of course, I can't see anything.

Thump

Another bang comes from upstairs this time it's followed by Ace screaming "Fuck". His door swings open, his footsteps becoming louder as he makes his way down the stairs.

I get up and walk over to the corridor to see his hands completely red. Ew is that blood? Look, do your business, or whatever but seriously in your own house come on.

He walks downstairs, maybe to the basement or to wash his hands. I don't know what came over me but I suddenly needed to know what happened.

I start walking upstairs making sure to be careful, Looking around to see where he might have come from. I see a door with a red on the doorknob.

It's the room that Ace told me not to go in. Of course, he would tell me to stay out. He's killing people in there.

I walk over to the door and see blood on the doorknob.... A strong smell hits me. Okay, that does not smell like blood. I take another whiff. It's ..... Paint?

I put my hand on the doorknob and just as I'm about to turn I hear a voice.

"What are you doing?" Ace's voice comes from behind me. I quickly turn around to be faced with him glaring at me.

"Um, I-I th-thou-thought that you- you"

"Shut up," he said grabbing me by my arm "the one fucking room I told you to stay out off"

" I saw blood, or well I thought it was blood, and I-" even though I don't know what I was doing. "I don't want your fucking excuses. Don't push my boundaries serene" he walks me over to my bedroom

"I told you to stay out. One room serene" he still doesn't raise his voice but stays affirmative

"Okay okay I won't do it again" I was in the wrong, he told me not to go in the room and that's what I was going to do. No need to try and justify it.

He walks away going back into the room. I try taking a peak but the door closes too quickly. I let out a sigh as I walked back into my room.

Something is always happening, whether he's doing something to piss me off, or I do something. I honestly don't know why we're always arguing. He's just so fucking annoying.

I decided to just stay in my room till dinner, no need to make things worse than they already are.

Walking over to the bathroom not bothering to close the door. I turn the water on letting the bathtub fill up. God, I've been needing this for some time.

Taking out my hair and shaking it around I step into the tub. Soaking up the warm water. My body instantly relaxes and I rest my head at the edge of the tub.

I let the bubbles float onto my body as I play with my fingers. Drawing random figures on my thigh. I lean back letting my whole body sink into the tub with the water washing over my face.

My hair feels heavy from the water. I go under for a moment but I quickly come back up, finally being able to breathe.

I lean back again laying my head down. I close my eyes letting myself finally relax, soon interrupted but the sound of foot steps close by but I don't think much of it.

Suddenly my bedroom door swings open and Ace is in my room. I realize the bathroom door is open and he could probably see me but he doesn't seem to notice that.

"Serene are you in here?" he looks around my room and then comes over to the bathroom door. His face warps in realization.

He sees me in the tub and turns around immediately. "Seriously Romano" I'm not really fazed by it, it's not like he can see anything.

"Uuu-um I didn't know. I thou-thought" I let out a small laugh but quickly conceal it

"What did you want?" Making sure to keep my body covered.

"Lana said dinner is ready" he seemed to have gotten it together a bit. "Okay, I'll be out soon" He quickly walks out, closing the door behind him.

I get out of the bathtub, grabbing a towel, and wrapping it around my body. I pat myself down getting all the water droplets off me then took my hair and carefully wrap it into a bun to let it air dry. I got to the sink and washed my face with some cold water.

I put on some clothes, wearing a plain black shirt and some leggings heading downstairs.

As I made my way downstairs I could see Lana making her way through the kitchen to the dining room with food. I go over to the dining room sitting next to Dante.

Lana set down the food then walked out of the dining room.

"Isn't she going to eat with us," I ask as everyone starts putting food on their plate? "No, she's going to spend some time with her kids" Gio responds I just nod.

I didn't know Lana had kids, I guess she doesn't talk much at least not to me.

Ace just sat across not saying anything. "How was everyone's day?" Val asks.

"Nothing much" gio answers

I look up from my food and smile. "Well, I found out that your boss is a pervert" I fake a serious tone everyone looks over at Ace.

"Ooo what he do?" Gio looks over my way

"He walked into my room without permission and when he saw I was taking a bath he jumped into the tub with me. I got out so fast, I've never felt so violated"

We all laugh but Ace gets up. He doesn't look my way but instead leaves the dining room.

Everyone goes silent and we hear ace's office's door slam shut. I thought the joke was pretty funny but I guess he didn't.

Finishing up my food and leaving the dining table, Dante, Val, and Gio stay there finishing their food.

I went back to my room. Jumping into my bed grabbing one of the pillows and screaming into it. God I need to shoot someone.

I go into the bathroom and wash my face with cold water, looking into the large mirror. Finding myself with this indescribable look.

I've always been on track, always knowing what I was going to do. But not anymore, I don't know what's going on and it honestly scares me, not knowing what will come.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts only a few seconds later when someone knocks on my door.

"Who is it?" I walk back into my room, closing the bathroom door.

"It's ace" god what does he want now.

I open the door and look at him. He's standing tall in the same old white button-up and dress pants. Does he ever change?

"What do you want?" I say leaning against the doorframe.

"We need to talk"