𝟸. 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

Another day, here working. This wasn't the plan but here we are.

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body.

I went for my sage green leggings and the matching pair of long sleeves. I grabbed my phone before heading to the gym.

Enzo said he'd be joining me today but knowing him he's probably playing some video games. I could get Adrain to spar with me instead.

When I entered the gym I could already hear someone punching the punching bags. Maybe Enzo isn't as lazy as I thought.

I dropped my water bottle and phone on the bench and headed to the back. Where I saw Adrain throwing jabs at the punching bag making it swing back and forth.

"Good morning.''

"Morning," he said as he continued throwing punches

I was doing a simple workout today and maybe get some extra training in. I headed to the treadmill and set it to 8 miles, nothing too much.

I finished after about 25 minutes. I grabbed my knife set, making sure to sharpen the blades. I grabbed two, aiming them at the board. I extended my arm out and threw the knife, hearing it swish through the air, and finally hit the board before quickly doing the same with the other one. Both hitting the center of the board.

After practicing for about 20 minutes, I went to the back of the gym to check if Adrian was still there so we could spar but of course he wasn't.

I honestly didn't feel like going to look for someone, so I just decided to call it.

------------------------------------

My heart raced as I ran down the hall, leading to the single room at the end. I kept looking to see if both figures were still behind me.

"No one is coming to get you this time

"Give up now, you're trapped'

"Your weak, helpless, useless"

I kept running but the room was getting further and further each second. Am I going crazy?

Then I suddenly ended up in the room, it was dim and there were curtains on each wall but as I rushed to open each of them I'm left with a brick wall.

I could feel the sweat dripping from my face. The heat building up in my head. There's nowhere else to go. This was it.

I quickly jumped up, waving my hands to feel my bed below me. My breath was rapid and my heart was racing.

It felt real, too real. I thought the dreams were gone. I thought I got past this.

I laid down on my bed feeling overwhelmed by everything that was going through my brain. This is why I need a break.

It's all coming back and I can't handle it. Everything just feels so real. It's just too much.

A loud knock comes from my door "Serene" Enzo quietly called out for me before continuing "Are you okay in there? '' I don't know if I'm okay, I honestly don't know what state I'm in right now. "Yeah, I'm fine. You can come in" I responded softly.

The door opened and Enzo stood in the doorway with this knowing look. "It's fine, it's the first one in months Enzo"

I wasn't exactly lying. It is the first one I've had in a while since I avoided sleeping altogether. He walked in, closing the door behind him "Is it the same one?" he asked before wrapping his arms around me