𝟸𝟺. 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"Oh shut up, you'll be alright Enzo" laughter escaping from my lips as I walk around the room.

Enzo had woken me up with his call and we've been talking all morning, too consumed in our conversation to actually go about our day.

"This is serious serene, it hurts bad"

"Suck it up, it's a paper cut you'll be fine"

"Whatever. Any plans in that prison of yours"

"God Enzo I'm not being held hostage, I want to stay" It's the first time I've actually directly said that.

"Why? I don't get it serene" he huffs

I honestly wish I knew myself, whether it's the friendships I've created with these people or a false sense of normality.

"Look Enzo I have to go" I don't feel like having this conversation all over again. He needs to accept that I want to stay whether he knows the reason or not.

"Does it have anything to do with that Ace guy"

"No, why would you say that?" It comes out more defensive than I wanted.

"You talk about everyone in that house except him. I know you serene"

Maybe I've been avoiding talking about Ace because I know Enzo. He'll read me like an open book and I don't want him telling me how I feel.

I need to figure it out on my own terms. "Because there's nothing to say about him"

"You're lying" this exactly what I didn't want to happen.

"No, I'm not, there's nothing to lie about '' Okay so maybe I am lying, but that doesn't matter.

"You're not fooling anyone"

"Oh shut up, leave me alone" a small laugh erupting from his lips.

"Be careful serene, I've heard things" His vice a bit on the wary side

"Huh, what things? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing gotta go, love you" he hangs up and I'm left standing there staring at the screen in disbelief.

What could he possibly be talking about? Maybe it's all the things dad told me, if so then there aren't exactly lies but there's more to it.

I sigh as I place my phone down on my bed, looking at the mirror across the room. I should get dressed.

I walked Into the closet to choose something for today. Since there wasn't anything special on my agenda for the day it didn't take long to choose.

Grabbing the lounge shorts from the shelf, I walk over to my tops section and grab a white spaghetti strap crop top. After I finish changing I get some black fluffy socks to finish the look.

There wasn't much noise in the house which is surprising since the house is usually so lively during this time of day.

Maybe I'm avoiding leaving the room with everything that happened yesterday, there has been so many moments between us that just make me feel like there's more than I'm letting on.

My feelings stir up when they happen and leave me in a confused state. Despite that, I'm happy, left with a feeling of hope.

But that can't happen again, just keep our distance and all these confusing thoughts will leave.

It's nothing. I'm just overthinking it.

After cleaning up the room a bit, I decided to go downstairs for some breakfast. Grabbing my phone off the bed and heading out of the room.