𝟷. 𝚃𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍

"I'm back" I shouted as I closed the front door behind me. I just came back from another mission and I swear to god if I don't get paid double for the shit I just went through I'm killing someone.

"Oh look the devil herself," Anthony said walking by with a burger in his hand. He took a huge bite that caused some ketchup to fall to the ground.

God, he's such a pig. "Get a napkin idiot" he flipped me off before walking away, leaving the mess on the floor.

I rolled my eyes at him walking towards my father's office. Not bothering to knock I went straight in. "Would it kill you to knock before coming into my office"

"No it wouldn't but I don't want to," I responded sitting down putting my legs up on the desk.

"You really need to learn some respect, Serene'' he said, gaze fixed on my feet. I don't know why he's staring. It's not like my leg is going to magically move.

"I don't feel like arguing with you dad, I have the guy. He's in the trunk" I said twirling one of his pens in my hand. "I should be getting double for this one, he got blood in my hair"

"I need the report by tomorrow morning," he said, giving me a report sheet. "I'll give you a 10% increase for the hair incident" he closed his laptop looking up at me.

"Okay, that will do" I grabbed the sheet and got up from the chair heading for the door before stopping at the sound of my father. "Just one more thing serene," he said standing up

"Yes father," I turned facing him.

"I need one more thing" He paused and looked around the room trying not to face me. I know what that means and I am not dealing with this again.

"No" we both know what he's going to ask and I'm not having any of it. I open the door and start walking down the hall. He fucking high if he thinks I'm doing this again.

"You can't just walk away from me, I'm still your father," he said following behind me.

"Well, then get it through that big head of yours I. AM. NOT. GOING. Get one of your sons to do it, get your wife to do it, get the goddamn maid to do it. I don't care anyone but me"

"It needs to be you and you will go whether you like it or not"

"Mom come get your husband. I think he hit his head on something" I yelled, hoping she'd hear from wherever she was.

"Watch your mouth serene"

"You have some nerve dad, 114 fucking missions. Do I need to repeat that? All I asked for was a break and you just can't let me have one" I'm tired of this shit, 5 years of non-stop missions. All I asked for was a year to myself; one freaking year.

I could hear someone coming upstairs. I looked past my dad to see mom walking towards us. She sighed before speaking "what's going on now ?" She said looking towards me.

"What do you think mom?" She knew damn well what was going on. It's the same thing that has been happening for the past 3 months.

"Apollo, not this again. I thought this was her last one" she spoke shifting her attention to him."Enastasia, my love you know I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important " He hugged her gently rubbing her back. I knew exactly what he was doing buttering her up so she could convince me.

"You're in love, we get it. Now that that's done I'm not going, I'll have the report on your desk by tomorrow then my break officially begins" I walked to my room, not allowing him to say anything else.

I went into my room slamming the door. I walked over to my bed falling face-first screaming into the sheets. This is the 15th time dad's asked me to go on "one last mission."