𝟷𝟾. 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

"So you just weren't going to tell me, she commits suicide you bitch" I storm into ace's office not bothering to knock

"I didn't want to spoil it for you?" he doesn't look up from his work. I walked up to his desk and threw the book on the table.

I have to admit the book is great. But the cliffhanger was not it, like come on I need to know what happened.

"I'm glad that bitch ass maid killed herself, she was fucking annoying. And I don't get the hype on Rebecca. She seems like a brat in my opinion" I sit down across from him.

"So I was right, it is a good book" his voice always managed to be at such a soothing volume.

"Now don't go getting cocky, it was mediocre at best" Of course I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of being right. I sit at his desk looking at him work for a second or two before speaking "I want another one"

These books are the only thing keeping me entertained whenever I find myself alone.

He finally stops working and looks up, when his eye meets me he forms a small smile emphasis on small and I smile back.

For a minute or so he just looks at me as though he's studying me. I clear my throat trying to gain his attention and he finally snaps out of it.

He gets up from his seat and walks over to the shelves.Reaching up to the top shelf and grabs a book. He skims through it a bit and looks back at me.

There was something different about him today that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

He hands me the book and I grab onto it but he holds the other side. "It's the sequel," he says nonchalantly before letting go.

"You're just telling me this now" I throw him a glare as he walks back to his chair and sits down in the chair.

"What's the fun in that?" he smirks and I just laugh a bit.

I get up and walk out of the room heading to the living room. Opening up the sliding door to let the sunlight in and the fresh air hitting my skin.

It's a nice day to just stay outside, I've been cooped up in my room way too long. I grab the book off the couch and walk out laying on the pool chair.

The sun was shining a bit not too much and the weather was perfect. After getting comfortable on the chair, I open up the book getting ready to read.

The first thing I see is a note similar to the one I had from the last book. I don't know why but I can't help but smile.

The sequel is just as good in my opinion, maybe better.

Hope you like it.

-Ace

I put the note aside, saving it to put it with the other, and start reading. The words flow effortlessly and I soon begin to get caught up in the plot.

Everything was great, the weather and scenery, it almost felt a bit too perfect but I didn't care.

About an hour later I got through about ten chapters of the book. So far it was just as good as the first book and continued properly.

Just as I flip to the next page someone walks up and blocks the light.

I put the book down on my chest to see who it is. "You need to get a life" of course it's Gio.

"Go bother your boyfriend or something"

He grabs my book and puts it on the chair near me. Giving me this playful evil grin and before I know it I'm lifted off the chair.