𝟸𝟼. 𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡

Standing in the corridor I'm staring at the thermostat again. Once I had gotten comfortable here I decided to change the temp to make the house colder.

I've always liked wherever It was cold, but when I started noticing everyone wearing sweaters and hoodies to stay warm, I turned it back on.

I guess they just didn't want to be rude or they just wanted to cater to my needs but they never said anything. But when I turned it back up for them, it just kept going back.

After a few times, I realized it was Ace who took it upon himself to change it back to the temperature I liked despite how many times I changed it back.

"God he needs to stop" I mutter to myself, my hands pressing up the screen repeatedly as the temp score goes up.

Once it reaches a good temperature I walk away heading for the living room, Val and Dante sit on the couch their hoodies clinging to their bodies as they scroll on their phone.

"You guys could've just told me you were cold," I say as I flop onto the couch, grabbing a nearby pillow to hold.

They both just look at me giving me an awkward smile avoiding saying anything. The house is pretty quiet today, maybe it's because all of them are finally having a day to themselves.

Gio walks in basically hopping, his face lit up as he holds a towel in his hand, "Come on let's go to the pool"

No one says anything and just goes back on their phone, out the corner of my eye I could see him walk over to Val and whisper something into his ear causing Val's face automatically become red.

"Yeah, guys today's perfect for a pool day" Me and Dante burst out laughing. I'm not going to even try to guess what gio said.

"You guys aren't slick," Dante comments as he gets up. I guess a pool day wouldn't hurt, plus I got a bunch of cute bikinis.

"Fine, why not?" I drop my phone on the couch walking up to my room, Dante not far ahead. Val and gio could be heard laughing in the living room.

Once I got in the room, I headed to my closet going to the swimsuit section. Going through the drawer I chose a simple black two-piece, the top with the triangle coverage and strings that tied around my stomach.

As I stood in the mirror with the bathing suit on and a towel in my hand I couldn't help but notice all my scars sitting there on my body.

I've never been insecure about my scars, just never wanted them to be seen. In my eyes, they were a symbol of what I've done and what others have done to me.

Going to the bathroom I grab some makeup covering most of them except the one on my arm of course. Despite that one being the one that hurt the most both mentally and physically, covering it up would feel like trying to let go of what happened.

Those days still hunt me and even if they do I need a reminder. A reminder of what happened to me and how much suffering I went through.

All the freckles on my body are visible, I have countless amounts of freckles roaming my body while my face only has some around my cheeks and nose. Some playing around under my eyes

Enzo on the other hand always had the opposite; he barely has any freckles on his body and has a cluttering mess of freckles on his face.

I grab a black bucket hat and put it on. It causes the bottom of my remaining hair to fall around my face, farming it perfectly. I walk out of the room heading downstairs, from the looks of it the sliding door was already opened since the sun shone through the house.

"There she is," Gio points to me from the pool as I come into the backyard. "You guys better leave me alone" they all just laugh.

Getting comfortable on the pool chair, my hat blocks the sun from my face as I scroll on my phone.