𝟹𝟶. 𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚔𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

The warm water trickles down my bare body dripping onto the floor, I tilt my head back allowing the water to fall on my face.

My hair is heavier than usual from all the water it's soaked up. My hands hurt a bit from washing and detangling my hair earlier.

I walk over to grab my body wash and loofah leaving my original spot under the showerhead, making sure I clean myself properly.

Small soapy bubbles forming on my skin as I go back under the showerhead, letting the water rinse all the soap and dirt off my body before stepping out of the shower.

The glass is all fogged up from the hot water and the house is completely silent.

I woke up pretty early today, maybe from all the anticipation of what could happen or just pure excitement to see a certain someone after recent events.

I get the towel wrapping it carefully around my body as I head to the closet to choose some workout clothes.

Since it's been a while since I worked out and I have some time on my hands I decided to go to the gym this morning. It may also be to get rid of some nerves before officially starting the day.

But seriously, I don't remember the last time I was this nervous. Nothing changed. He's still the same snarky annoying guy, who just happens to like me back.

That sounds weird to even think about when not even a day ago I was sure he still hated me. I Put on some black Nike workout shorts and the matching white sports bray making sure to adjust the strap properly.

I walk to the vanity putting my oils and products in my hair before locking it in a loose puff so it could properly air dry throughout the day.

Once I finished getting ready, I decided to clean up the room before leaving; making my bed, picking up any trash, and just closing any open drawers.

It's only 8:14 am so the chance of Val, Gio, and Dante being awake is very low. Lana is probably up cleaning but she doesn't start breakfast until 10 am.

Ace on the other hand is unpredictable, he could be in his room doing who knows what or in his office getting some work done. He might not be home and just be out somewhere I don't know about.

I leave my phone in the charger and walk out of my room. As expected the house is quiet except for some distant noise that can't be identified.

As I enter the kitchen I see Lana is actually sitting at the island writing something in a notebook. She looks up surprised to see me down here this early.

"Good morning Serene," she says, giving me a warm smile.

"Good morning Lana, whatcha doing?," I say as I walk over to the fridge grabbing a cold bottle of water.

It's clear she was a bit weirded out by my unusual joyous state.

"Oh just getting the grocery list down before I go to the supermarket" I nod in response heading for the exit.

Before I get the chance to leave Lana speaks up "Where are you going this early morning?" the warm smile still prominent on her face.

"Oh just going for an early workout session" her face lights up a bit and she gets up grabbing another water bottle from the fridge.

"Don't overdo yourself" She hands me the second water bottle and waves me goodbye before walking back to the island.

As I got closer to the gym I began hearing grunts. Who could it be?

When I enter the gym I'm faced with Ace punching the punching bag. He was going at it hard and steady. His movements were quick and precise.

He was wearing some black gym shorts and a white fitted tee, his muscles flexing with each punch and his face glistening with sweats.