𝟸𝟶. 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎

I've been sitting in the living room reading for about an hour since Ace has a small meeting with some guy

I hear Ace's office door open and footsteps getting closer to me. I wasn't down here when the person came so I don't know who it is.

They finally came into view and it was just him and some other man. They shook hands and said their goodbyes.

The man was walking towards the door when he noticed me, he paused and took a good look.

Why the fuck is looking at me? He removes his hand from the doorknob, I try to pretend to keep reading but just end up putting the book down.

"Can I help you?" I ask. Ace stands there trying to see what would happen.

"Yes you can, beautiful" the guy walks over to the living room, his accent is different but I don't think much of it.

Seriously, I can't even read peacefully. I look at him with disgust and he just ignores it.

"Weren't you just leaving?" I don't have time for this shit. He ignores my question staring at my figure.

"What's your name?" I look over at Ace, throwing him a look.

"Yeah no," I get up from the couch and grab my book, placing a bookmark in between the pages. I'm about to walk away but he grabs my wrist.

It's then I see Ace coming towards us, don't get me wrong that's nice and all but I don't need him defending me. I throw a glare at him and he gets the point, deciding to stand at the doorway.

I slap the man and he looks completely shocked. Grabbing his hand and pull it off my wrist. I spit in his face and walked over to ace.

"Seriously these are the people you work with" I whisper and he looks down at me to answer.

"I don't work with them, the Russians are always trying to start something," he explains. I tense up at the mention of Russians and I could tell that he could notice.

"Are you okay?" He puts his hands on my shoulder and I don't say anything.

"Oh I didn't know she was yours, Ace'' the guy walks over to us and looks at Ace's hand on my shoulder.

It's like all my confidence just left my body, I stood there frozen. I'm about to say something but Ace takes his hand off my shoulder and punches the guy in the face, causing him to let out a small groan.

"Umm I'm going to go upstairs"

He nods and grabs the guy calling one of the guards over. I see the guard run through the hallways to where Ace was. The last thing I hear is ace telling the guard to take the man downstairs.

Closing my door I let out a breath. I don't know if this was Ace's effort to shake me up, maybe he found out? I don't think so.

Even though he seems like the type to do that, he also looked a bit worried. How would he have found out? No, he didn't, there's no way.

I thought I had a hold on this, I've done everything I could to avoid the Russians. Not once in the last five years, it should've been enough time. everything starts coming back.

I need to stop thinking about it and just drop it. Forget this ever happened, it's not even a big deal. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face fighting every urge to start thinking about all the possible scenarios.

I need to sleep, just trying to take my mind off everything but it really isn't helping. I knew I wanted to leave my family but I didn't expect things to be this lonely.