𝟷𝟶. 𝙽𝚘 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎

Every single guard, he killed every single guard in this goddamn house.

According to Valentino, after the argument, yesterday Ace went out to "cool off" meaning he went to one of the warehouses and took it out on the workers.

And you know what to be quite honest, I really don't give a fuck he can go do whatever he wants, as long as I don't have to see him.

Dante, Val, and Gio have been walking around on eggshells with him all day. At least now I know what he's actually like when he's not trying to file back.

"I'm surprised he hasn't killed you yet," Dante said breaking the silence that once filled the room

We were all in my room trying to hide from Ace's wrath

"He should stop being a wuss and just do it" Okay even though I said that I'm not gonna lie I don't want to face Ace myself. Look, the thing is they said this is how he usually is.

"Okay, then go up to him and let him know 'hey ace, yeah you can just kill me now" Gio responds.

We hear the downstairs door open and  Ace's yelling.

"JUST GET THE FUCKING SHIPMENT SENT OUT" his voice booms around the house. I hear the sound of something break. A vase? Window? Cup? I don't know what it was but it's definitely something made out of glass.

We all stopped talking and listened to what was going on.  We hear him coming up the stairs and then the footsteps just stop.

"Get out here" doesn't address anyone in particular.

I stay seated in my bed as the guys get up and walk out of the room, mouthing a quick "sorry, good luck"

I've been trying to find out more about Ace all day long. I was able to talk to a guard before Ace killed him.

The guard said he's the scariest, most cunning person he knows. That no one who challenged him has lived to tell the story.

Now I see why dad is so scared of him. But my question is if dad was so scared of him why would he send me after him?

He really doesn't care about me, all he cares about is what I can do for him. Now I remember why I wanted to leave so bad. This is his fault, I'm in his situation because of him.

A knock on my door pulls me out my thoughts "who is it?"

"Lana" her voice was soft and low as usual. I got up to open the door and she held a tray of food, Grabbing it and asking her to come in.

She walks in front of me. I close the door, making sure to lock it. Luckily Dante put my doorknob back on.

I'm determined to find out as much as I can about Ace since it's obvious that he's done his research

"Umm. I just wanted to ask some questions" I let Lana know as I set the tray down on my bed.

"Sure Serene" god her voice was just so soothing

"I just wanted to know what's up with Ace"

"Oh I don't know if that's my place" I get she's trying to be nice but that's not what I need.

"I'm not asking anything specific, just what's he like in general"

She nods and we talk for some time while I eat my food. She tells me about his parents and how they're dead but refuses to tell me what happened.

He took over at 18 after some incidents. She says the same thing everyone else has been saying, which is that he's dangerous and unpredictable; he does whatever he wants even if it puts others at risk.

The more I find out, the less I want to know.

Damn, I'm starting to think he should have just killed me because if he's putting up with all this and waiting then what does he have planned?

I thank Lana and walk her out of the room just to gather my thoughts. There's probably more I just ate and I'd like to keep the food down.

I know people like him and nothing good ever comes from being near them, look at my dad for example.

This guy has no family, is the sole leader of the top mafia and even his closest friends are scared of him.

No matter how bad things get, everyone always has at least one person. I always had Enzo and I just assumed ace's friends were his people.

I finished washing my face, turning off the water.  change into the pajamas set and start walking downstairs for some water.

As I walk downstairs I hear Ace yelling again, this time in his office. "Francisco you're testing my patience right now"

Heading to the kitchen trying to stay as far away as possible. When I get in Val sitting at the island. I raise a brow at him as If to ask what's going on.

"Something happened with a shipment" he takes a sip of his coffee, I nod my head in response.

"I've never seen him like this, I mean I haven't seen much of him and I hate him and all but he seemed kinda chill" I try not to make it a question and more of a statement.

"That may have had something to do with me" Val chuckles and scratches the back of his neck. I turn around and lean against the counter-facing Val as I fold my hands.

"I told him he should be nice to you, you know to get his file back"

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

Letting out a laugh as I almost fell forward, Val looked confused for a bit but then started laughing with me as well.

I calm down after a few seconds. "So, this is how he usually is?" I genuinely don't know why I keep asking more about him. It's not like it's gonna make me hate him any less.

"He really isn't that bad. Just needs some time, he's not exactly a peoples person"

"Oh don't worry I'm in no rush to be buddy-buddy with Romano"

"I know! I've heard your fights and let's just say I'm surprised you're both still alive"

"I--"

Just as I was about to answer, Ace walked in and we both looked over at him.

"Don't let me stop you" he walks over to where I am and grabs a glass. He got some water leaned back and looked over at me "You know Serene you're a piece of shit"

I blink in confusion tilting my head back, shocked at his words.

"What"

"I should kill you right now" he grabs a gun from his side and puts it on the counter

"Do us all a favor and pull the trigger" I grab the gun, taking it off the safety and handing it back to him

He looked at me with a cold expression, not a hint of remorse on his face. He takes the gun aiming it at my temple.

The bullet goes past my head. going through the window behind me instead. "Wow, Romano I really thought you had it in you"

He ignores me looking at Val "get someone to clean that up" Then walks away with the gun in his hand.

"He's definitely crazy," I say heading upstairs.

I enter my room and lock the door jumping into my bed. I hate to admit it but I miss my family.

No matter how much shit I went through in that damn house I always had them with me.