𝟹𝟾. 𝙹𝚊𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚗

I start waking up moving in Ace's hands, my stomach gnawing and rumbling due to the empty feeling.

God, I seriously need to eat something. Since my glasses are off and the room is dark I can't really see anything.

The only source of light is the alarm clock projecting the time 2:16 am. It wouldn't hurt to have a little snack, would it?

My hand travels down to Ace's gently and slowly moving it off my body. I'm able to slide out of his hold, the bed rising as I get off.

I swing my legs off the edge of the bed grabbing my glasses from the bedside table before putting them on. It clears everything up even though I'm still in the dark.

Making sure not to wake Ace up I silently get up walking out the room, keeping the door slightly open so it won't make noise when I come back.

Once I'm downstairs I open up the fridge looking around for what there is to eat. After a minute or two my eyes land on the leftover chicken bowl I had for lunch.

It's about halfway done since I got full, I get it out of the fridge and throw it into the microwave waiting for it to finish eating up.

As I lean against the counter I feel a pair of strong arms slithering around my stomach, recognizing the scent I relax at the touch. My shoulders dropped and a small breath escaped my lips.

His face nuzzles onto my shoulder, resting a bit of his weight on my body. "Why'd you leave me?" his voice was deeper than usual due to his sleepy state.

"Needed food, super hungry" my sentences are short since I'm still fighting to sleep myself.

My eyelids getting heavier with each minute, I have to push through the waves of drowsiness coursing through my body.

"Mhmm" he hums in response, placing gentle kisses on my neck.

The microwave beeps repeatedly signaling that my food is ready. "Ace, I have to get my food" he takes the hit lifting his body up and removing his hands.

I walk over to the microwave, get my bowl and grab a fork from the drawer, taking a seat at the island.

Ace walks over sitting next to me "You can go back upstairs, I'll be up soon" I try convincing him since he's obviously sleepy.

"I'll wait" he sits up stretching his arms which causes him to release a series of groans.

With a nod in response, I start digging into my food. The hot temperature jolting me awake, everything tastes just as good as it did before.

"I'm taking you out today" the silence broken by his voice, I look over his way still munching on the spoonful of food in my mouth.

A few bites and one swallow later I'm finally able to speak "Okay, where? And when because if it's somewhere nice I'll have to do my hair"

"Don't worry I made a reservation for 4 and it's this restaurant that just opened up" he answers smiling at me.

"What's the occasion?"

"I wasn't aware I needed an occasion to take you out" he chuckles, his sleepy state slowly drifting away.

"Well, the food better be good"

"You doubt my abilities" he holds his chest pretending to be hurt.

"Last time you took me out to eat, we ended up at a seafood place" I gave him a small glare before taking another bite of my food.

"In my defense, I didn't know"

"Mhm," I finish my last bite of food, getting up to put my plate and fork in the sink.