𝟷𝟻. 𝙰 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚌

I'm so sick of being in this house with no phone. All I do is wake up, eat, watch TV, avoid Ace and go back to sleep. It's the same thing over and over again.

Me and Val have become good friends though. We just talk and hang out sometimes, until Ace calls him for "work." Then I'm left alone doing nothing.

I've been here longer than expected and now I'm thinking about what's going on with my family. I don't know if dad is still after the file or not.

When I decided to keep the file I expected dad to try and track me down but with me being taken and all I don't know how that's working out.

I'm thinking about finding a way to contact Lorenzo since he's probably worried. He told me this was going to happen, I knew this was going to happen. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I put my bowl in the sink and headed towards Ace's office. The guards standing in the hallway look me up and down as I walk closer to the door.

He finally gets new guards and they're disgusting pervs. One of them make some remark to the other one and they both smile at me.

I flip them off, pretending to gag on my finger and that wipes the smile straight off their faces. I honestly hate men

One of them whistled as I walked past them. I throw them a glare and they all look away.

When I finally reach the door I knock and wait a few seconds. "Who is it"

"Serene"

"Come in"

I open the door, walking over to his desk, and sit across from him. He looked up, not saying anything, just staring at me with those hazel eyes.

He leans back and spreads his leg out a bit putting one of his hands on his face as he keeps eye contact.

"What do you want, Serene?" His voice is as deep and raspy as ever. Did I ever mention how nice my names sound coming from him?

God that's not what I came here for.

"When can I leave this dump? It's been over a month" I'm honestly tired of this shit.

He rolled his eyes before speaking "Do you not understand when I get my file back you can leave"

"And don't you understand you're not getting it back"

"Well then I have nothing to say" he responds

"If we both know you're not getting this file back then why am I still here" I tilt my head and throw him a look.

"Well, if you want to know so bad. I'm deciding if I'm going to kill your ugly ass or not" a small smirk forming on his face

He wants to play games.

"Well, this little decision-making process of yours is taking too long" I lean back too, slouching a bit.

"Guess you'll just have to deal with it" he finally breaks eye contact and goes back to whatever he was doing on his laptop.

"You're a dick" I got up from my seat. There's no reason to try and argue with him. "I try"

Before I leave the room, I walk over to the bookshelves and look at some of the books. One thing I do miss about home was the library.

"Can I borrow a book to read?" I ask while still looking through the different titles.

"No. Now get out " he responds almost immediately

"God I hate you" I was about to walk out of the office before I remembered something. "Also tell you're disgusting perv guards not to look or whistle at me"