𝟻𝟸. 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙶𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚍**

"Over there is the boss's office, as you know you should never go in unless he instructs you to" Val's voice comes from the hallway.

"Got it" there's a new voice I don't recognize.

"You're on rotations, you should have the schedule. For now, we want to try just having you for the whole main floor" 

Oh, it must be the new guard, Ace mentioned there would be a new one coming in while he was out. I walk into the kitchen their voices fading since I'm no longer in range.

I pull out the chair tucked underneath the island before taking a seat and pulling out my phone. Going straight to Ace's contact and hitting the call button.

"Amore, are you okay?" his voice deep as he spoke.

"Yes, Ace I'm fine just bored" I hear the door close where ever he is, followed by his chuckling.

"You can say you miss me love" I roll my eyes even though he can't see. Out of the two of us, I would definitely say Ace is more clingy but that may be because I'm better at hiding it.

"Whatever um-" I honestly just wanted to hear his voice "the new guard is here I think"

"Do you not like him? I can get someone else"

"No Ace, I was just telling you" I laugh into the phone, shaking my head.

"Okay love" I can hear him start move around again.

"Only 1 more night until your back" I can't help the smile on my face.

"1 more night until I get to sleep in the same bed with my sexy ass lady" that husky tone always gets me.

"Just sleep uh?" I tease. The sound of someone walking in causes me to look up. It's Val and who I assume to be the new guard.

The line is quiet until Ace speaks up "Who walked in?" he must've heard them too

"Oh, just val-" before I get to finish the guard leans forward his hand extended causing me to chuckle.

"I'm leo" he seems to be on the younger side. Maybe a year or so younger than me, I reluctantly reciprocate shaking his hand.

I almost forget Ace is still on the phone until he speaks again "Just Valentino?"

"Um no" I let go of Leo's hand moving back "the new guard too"

Val whispers something to him, smiling at me before walking out leaving Leo in here with me

"Well, not anymore Val just left it's just leo" I look up at him when I say his name.

"What does he want?" I know that tone, grown quite familiar with it; it's his I'm starting to get irrationally jealous but I'll try to play it cool tone.

"I'm not a mind reader Ace, probably just being nice" Leo's expression shifts a bit when he here's me say Ace's name.

"His job isn't to be nice, it's to be on rotations" his voice harsh

"Hey, play nice"

"I have to go il mio" it sounds like something just came up.

"Okay, be safe. I love you" I respond

"ti amo di più" just like that he hung up.

I place the phone down meeting the eye of Leo who for some reason is still standing there. "Serenity right?" he uses his hand to brush his hair back.

"No, Serene. Sah-Reene" it's been a while since I've had to sound out my name to someone.

"Oh sorry, it's just Valentino said-" I raise a brow skeptically but he just laughs dropping his head. "He was being sarcastic wasn't he?"