48*

Chapter 48:
"Vanilla."

Eloise-Anne

"El our grades are up!" Michael screams. It's been a week since we finished all our tests. Even my birthday passed, but I don't pay much attention to it and neither has anyone luckily. I've never been the biggest fan of my birthday and I'd rather not put any effort into it, definitely not whenever I have so many tests to do.

Besides, these grades decide whether we're about to pass this year. We've all been working our asses off. If Luke, Calum, and Ashton made it, they're graduating. It's honestly quite exciting. Yet, I'm kinda afraid. If they all pass, that would mean that they wouldn't live on campus anymore.

Michael runs into my room and we both open the app for our grades. Something we always do. He hands me his phone and I hand him mine. Both are too afraid to see our own grades. "You passed with straight fucking A's, you tiny nerd!" He says excitedly. I look at his phone and look back at him. "Fuck, I didn't pass?" He asks me when I haven't said a thing. I am just processing that I made it.

"No, you're a solid B student." I smile at him, hugging him right after. "We made it, Mike!" I can't hold back my excitement. "This means we have to find ourselves an internship soon." He chuckles.

"How about we think about that some other day and we celebrate that we made it." I nod excitingly. "We're going out tonight, Tammy also made it. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have known that the grades were up." I chuckle when I hear his words.

Tammy is basically his walking agenda. After they made up, they've been better than ever. Or at least, so it sounds. I can say they sound disgusting, but Luke and I haven't been much different I suppose.

"We fucking made it." I look at the notifications on his phone and a smile pops up on my face when I see that both Ashton and Calum made it as well. I might not be on the best terms with them, but that doesn't mean I can't be happy for them.

"Cal and Ash made it as well," I tell him, handing back his phone. He hands me back mine. I wonder if Luke made it. He's really been working on these tests. He just wants his freedom out of school. "Luke hasn't said a thing yet, but maybe he's asleep."

"Go to his place!" He says. "Go, go go!" I smile and quickly get out of bed. "Text me if you're here for dinner." I nod and walk out of the house, on my way to Luke's place. I can't help but smile. I am honestly so proud of myself for making it this year. They always said that the second year is the hardest. I walk into the building and notice Calum and Ashton in the lobby. Calum's face changes and looks at me quite seriously. My smile slowly fades away and he walks up to me.

"How did you do?" He asks me.

"I made it." I smile at him. A slight smile formed on his face. Ashton overhears it and wraps his arms around me.

"I'm proud of you, El." He says. I smile at him. "Also, I fucking knew you were in love with him." I feel my cheeks turn red as he speaks out those words. He did indeed say so. Hopefully, this conversation won't go the negative way. "He makes you happy, doesn't he?" He asks. I nod at his words. "As long as you're happy." He smiles. He gives Calum a small nudge. "I was just struggling to get over you, but if he makes you happy who am I to not be happy for you." I smile at his words.

"We just came from Luke," Calum starts. "And I apologized for my behavior. I should really stop the meddling, but I just want you to be safe, to be happy." He sighs deeply. "I can't promise but I can try." I chuckle at his words.

"Always gonna be the overprotective brother, huh?" He rolls his eyes and I inhale deeply, straightening my back. "He makes me happy," I tell him.

"I know. I guess I was just afraid that you would be one of them." He sighs. "I should've known he wouldn't use you or anything. I may have threatened him though. If he hurts you, I will end him." I chuckle and wrap my arms around him. "I will try to stop meddling, but I can't promise shit."