39

Chapter 39:
"Let's start decent..,"

Eloise-Anne

We are both awake but neither one of us want to leave the incredibly, soft bed. It is way too comfortable, especially with him beside me. I look up at the curly blonde and notice how he's looking back at me. He kisses my forehead. His phone chimes and he picks it up within a matter of a second. 

"The guys are asking where I am." He starts. "Said I was busy with this girl and stayed the night at her place." He says, slightly chuckling. "I mean, I'm not lying." 

"I think I'm gonna take a shower," I tell him, leaving the bed and feeling how the coldness is bumping against my skin. Goosebumps are appearing on my skin. "Do euh- Do you wanna take a shower with me?" 

"Don't tell me it's the first time you're taking a shower with someone," he says. I shake my head, but feel my cheeks burn. I have showered with Ashton before and if I remember correctly I've bathed with Luke before, but this just seems different somehow. "Run the shower, sweetheart. I'm on my way." I smile at him and walk towards the bathroom, running the shower. I take off my clothes and step underneath the shower. "Damn, lady, do you want me dead? It's smoking hot." He says when he steps into the dampening bathroom. 

"Isn't it lovely how this shower and I both love to burn you?" I ask him, smirking a little. He undresses as well and steps underneath the shower, mostly to put the temperature down. 

"You look hot when you're wet." He states. "You want me to put shampoo in your hair or something?" He asks a bit unbothered. 

"Are you okay?" I ask him. Where the fuck is his change of attitude coming from? He shrugs and grabs the tiny shampoo bottle. "Talk to me," I order him. "Did I do something wrong?" I suddenly am aware that I'm naked and very vulnerable. 

"No, you didn't." I feel some pressure leaving my body as he speaks out those words. "Just haven't showered with anyone since Heather." He mumbles. 

"You could've told me," I tell him, he brings his soapy hands to my hair and spreads the shampoo in it. "It's not like I'm gonna judge you for that, you know that." His gaze is focused on my hair and it will probably stay that way. "I really don't know what we are, but I do want to help you. I know this is all very hard on you. She'd want you to be happy." 

"I know," he mumbles, his voice cracking. "It's just hard to commit." He admits. 

"It is," I agree with him. "But it's even harder when you shut yourself out." He pushes me a bit more under the shower, rinsing my hair. "Is that your phone again?" I ask him when I hear a phone ring. 

"How would I know? I am here with you." I chuckle sheepishly. I grab the bottle of conditioner while he puts shampoo in his own hair. I rinse it out and step out of the shower. The phone is still ringing and I'm growing very impatient and curious. "Calm down, lady." 

"They've been calling for god knows how long. What if it's important?" I ask him. I wrap a towel around my hair and body and walk towards the big bed. My phone is still ringing. As the sound finally stops, I see how Calum, Ashton, and Tammy have been calling me. Tammy calls me again and I pick up. 

"Tams, what's going on? Why is everybody calling me?" 

"Michael's been in an accident," she says, she is sobbing. I can tell she is. A dangerous feeling is appearing in my body. Don't tell me he's dead. Please, don't tell me. "He's in surgery, but he's been injured very severely." 

"What happened?" I ask her. 

"He got into a car accident, with me. Last night. We were both unconscious and I-"