26

Chapter 26:
"Is your whole neck a sweet spot?"

Eloise-Anne

Some days have passed. Only Calum and Tammy have talked to me. Both Ashton and Michael didn't even wanna look at me. Honestly, I don't even blame them. I just finished another shift and notice the empty living room when I come home. Normally Michael's gaming on the couch. I hear some muffling and before I can realize it, Michael is walking out of the bathroom. When he sees me he instantly rolls his eyes. He's still pissed at me. I just can not do this anymore, I don't want him to be mad at me anymore. 

"Mike!" I say as he walks up the stairs. "Michael, come on," I say, grabbing his wrist. He turns around to look at me. "I get it that you're mad at me, but you're my best friend! You're supposed to help me when I make mistakes." 

"Maybe you should deal with the consequences." He hisses. "I can't always be your little help. You should learn how to deal with these things alone." 

"Michael, you can't stay mad at me!" My voice is starting to sound desperate and he can tell. "Can I just have my best friend back? I need advice." He sighs deeply and looks at me. His green eyes are deeply looking into mine, yet they're not spitting fire anymore. He's giving in, he can never stay mad at me for a long time, but I really fucked up. I made out with the guy he hates the most. "I can't have you mad at me," I mutter. 

"I know," he says softly, opening his arms, for me to fall in. I hold him tightly and feel my breath shiver as he tightens his grip on me. We don't need many words to say that things are alright again. We just need some space to look at each other normally again. "But what about Ashton?" He asks me. 

"What about him?" 

"Are you still in love with him?" I shrug my shoulders and he lets his head fall instantly. 

"I love it that I could share everything with him, I still do, but I just feel like he's more of a friend to me," I say, looking at him. I sit down next to him. "But that didn't have anything to do with the fact that I kissed Bolton." 

"Why do you keep calling him Bolton?" He laughs at me. 

"Feels right," I chuckle. "Are we good?" I ask him carefully. He nods and wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "I just don't know how to tell Ash," I mumble. 

"You smell like coffee," he says, sniffing me. I roll my eyes and look at the blonde. "Oh, you wanted to talk feelings still?" He runs his hand through his hair. "You've gotta talk to him, El. He's still pretty pissed, but you can't end things on bad terms if you still want to be friends." 

"Yeah," I mumble quietly. 

"As long as you're not gonna date Bolton, I'm good." 

"Oh, you're going down that road as well?" I chuckle. He frowns. "Calum doesn't want me to date at all, Ashton doesn't want me around him and apparently you do now as well." 

"I just want the best for you and I really don't think Bolton is close." I roll my eyes, we're going down this road again with yet another person. "Are you really considering dating him?" He asks. 

"I wasn't but if everybody keeps on saying no, you must understand that it turns into a yes in my mind." He stands up from the stairs and reaches out his hand to me. "Can we just stop talking about this? I feel like I make very rational decisions." He nods immediately and I look at his neck. The hickeys are still covering his neck, they're fading away, but they're still visible. "How did you get all those? I know Tammy well enough to know she doesn't make that many on-visible spots."