45

Chapter 45:
"Enjoy it while it lasts, Bolton."

Luke

I look bored at the other Hood in front of me. 

Yes, the other Hood. 

He's making a scene once again on how I should not touch his baby sister, knowing damn well she's a grown-up woman who's capable of her own decisions. It's her life, she gets to decide what she does with it. Yes, he can give her advice, but he can't forbid her a damn thing. I can't help but yawn at his words. They're honestly boring me, if not tiring.

"Listen to me you fucking dickhead!" Calum yells. I look at him and look even more annoyed, this is just stupid. I haven't been paying attention since the minute he walked in and it's pissing him off. "Let me make one thing fucking clear. The H in her name will forever stand for Hood. She will never become a fucking Hemmings." With those words, he leaves my apartment. I sigh deeply. She is mine and she will forever be mine. Whether she carries her name or mine. Eloise walks out of my bedroom. Her face turned a bit redder. 

Once we heard it was Calum in front of the door, it was the best idea for her to hide. Otherwise, I'd get another punch in the face and this time I'd hit him back. We both just wanted to avoid that. Actually, Eloise wanted to avoid it. 

"I'm sorry," she apologizes.

"Sweetheart, what did I say about apologizing?" I ask her. She groans, but she knows it damn well. I just don't like it when she's apologizing for something she has no control over. She might feel responsible because it is her brother, but there's nothing to change about his attitude. 

"Only apologize when it's necessary." She speaks softly. She sits down next to me and looks a bit devastated. She will talk about what's on her mind in three, two... "I just hate the fact that he doesn't support just any relationship I'm in. He's my brother, he should support me, right? It is not like I'm calling him out on every hookup he has."

"Don't worry about it too much, darling," I tell her. She does tend to get tensed up about small things a lot, but it makes her feisty, I like it. I know this bothers her and I know it is normal. It is indeed a shitmove to not support your sibling in whatever they're doing. Before me, they were so close. It almost feels like I'm the reason they got on bad terms. I also know that things between them started to get tense when she started things with Ashton.

"Anyways," she says, changing the subject. "I never heard the produced version of your song." She tells me. "Can I hear it?" her doe eyes are looking at me in a way they never have before. 

"You actually wanna hear it?" I ask her. Nobody has heard it but me and the guy who produced it. Of course, some other people helped, but that's it. She nods and smiles. I look through my files and play the song. She rests her head on my shoulder and listens to the song. I feel my heart beating in my chest. This is the one thing that actually makes me nervous. She subtly grabs my hand with her soft fingers.

"You sound so good, I love your voice." She mumbles, playing with my fingers. I look at it and look at her after. She had gone totally silent. I don't know whether she likes it or not.

"Are you okay?" I ask her when I hear her sniff. She nods, but she isn't speaking. I grab her thigh and make her sit on my lap. She still doesn't bother to look me in my eyes. With my finger, I lift up her chin to force her to look at me. "What is it?" I ask her.

"Nothing, I'm just being sentimental." She chuckles, sniffing her nose again. I keep on looking at her, hoping she will break and tell me. But as persistent as I am, so is she. "You just sound so good and I- I just want to hear this whenever I am going to bed, whenever I'm waking up, whenever you fuck me I don't care. Listening to the song isn't enough, I need to fuck the song." I snort out a laugh which makes her laugh as well.