44

Chapter 44:
"You forced him into dating you?"

Eloise-Anne

"My dearest friend-"

"What do you want, Clifford?" I chuckle as I close my book. Test week is coming up and I've been studying nonstop. I told Luke I'd be less talkative or responsive because I really wanna make it. I am quite a nerd when it comes down to it. Besides it's my birthday around this time and I'm afraid I might slip it in between. I don't celebrate my birthday and I am just afraid people make a big deal about it. Michael smiles sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"Can you drive me to the hospital, I have an appointment to get this cast off." I nod and grab my car keys from the desk. He's been going mental with the crutches and he's complaining about it whenever he can. It's a wonder Tammy hasn't stuck one of them up his ass.

We arrive at the hospital in no time and I look around. Hospitals give me the ick. It's a place people are supposed to be safe in, yet I can't help but feel anxious. This place is both a hello and goodbye, in every possible way. I hate the vibe it carries. Michael leads the way with his crutches, almost poking someone in the stomach. I bite my lip to hold back a laugh. It shouldn't be funny, but it definitely is. 

"Look out you idiot." I giggle. "I can see where we need to go as well." It's a lie, lately my vision has been playing tricks on me. Nobody knows it, but I blame it on feeling tired. I mean, it can be exhaustion that makes my vision blurry, and if not, I'd like to believe so. Besides, I am just far too lazy to wear my glasses, but I'm really in need of them. The thing is that I should measure again, because I have glasses for reading, but distances are getting hard on me lately. 

We sit down in the waiting room and I look around. There are people of all ages around here, it's so crazy. The circle of life has met up in a waiting room.

"But tell me, El." A smirk grows on his face. "You and Luke huh?"

"Shut up," I chuckle, feeling my cheeks flush.

"It's been playing for a long time, hasn't it? We haven't talked about this all week and it's killing me. I need the tea from my best friend. Remember how you woke me up when you got deflowered? Where's that girl? I miss your oversharing." Several faces are turned our way, it had turned oddly quiet the second he started to talk.

"I swear to god, not now." He laughs. A nurse walks into the room, calling out several names, but Michaels. I lean my head on his shoulder and feel my phone buzz.

From: bolton <3
i miss you

"How adorable," Michael comments. "I can actually picture you guys together you know." I look at him in confusion. "I know I was all anti-Luke, but I think I was just afraid of his past, that you would get dragged into it. That you would fall for the guy after you've had sex with him." All the faces turn our way again. I decide to not care about it, I won't see them again anyways.

"As was I, but with everyone saying no you know I make it a yes. I actually fell for him, Mike." He chuckles. "He's really sweet and a great cook." It's quiet for some seconds. "For our first actual date, he got me tickets to Alec Benjamin and we slept in a hotel. The next day you were in the hospital. It took me some convincing to actually go on a date with him."

"You forced him into dating you?" He asked me confused.

"He wanted a fuckbuddy and I wanted something exclusive. I told him that if he wanted to fuck me, he should upgrade to boyfriend material." I look into his green eyes. "At first he was all worked up about it because we were.. busy. Suddenly he called me his girlfriend, it is a weird ass story." I chuckle.