02

Chapter 02:
"Stop hitting on my baby sister."

Eloise-Anne

After Michael and I had the greatest discussion of a lifetime, they finally agreed on my living on campus. It took us two solid hours to convince my parents and they still don't like it. Michael can be very persuasive when he wants to be. He's been wanting a place for himself ever since he was eighteen, but he didn't have the money, yet.

Currently, we're putting my clothes in suitcases and boxes. We decided to move in this weekend since we also have to get out beds there. It's gonna be an exhausting weekend and it means we can't drink. It's the comeback party of the year Friday night since school just started. I really wanna be there, but I guess we'll go to another one. If I leave Michael alone, he will literally kick my ass.

"By the way, Luke threatened me," I tell him once I lay down on the bed. He furrows his brows and lays down on the bed as well. "He stated that I sat on his place, so he was being a whiny ass bitch about it." I chuckle. "So, I called him a pee stain several times, and he said that I should quit the attitude. He said he could make or break me." I scoff when I say the words out loud.

"He can't break what's already broken," Michael says shrugging. I push him off the bed and we both laugh. "Come on, you have like five brain cells remaining. You are the definition of broken."

"You are the worst," I tell him. He climbs back on the bed and lays down properly, opening his arms for me. This guy gives the best cuddles, honestly. I crawl into his arms and smell his perfume now that I'm close to him. He wraps his arms around me while he grabs my laptop, which was lying next to the pillows. He opens it and types in the password. He starts Stranger Things up and his green eyes stay focused on the tiny screen. He likes anime and cartoons way more, and he's also a huge fan of comic books, he's quite the nerd, but it makes him adorable. I forced him to watch this with me and he is as hooked on the series as I am.

"What the fuck." He mumbles after a while. His hand is grabbing my hip some tighter, he's clearly finding it tensive, and I don't blame him, because it is. Once he likes something he tends to be very into it for ages and I guess this will be his newest addiction.

"Well, now we've gotta wait two years before the fourth season comes out." He groans loudly as the final seconds appear on the screen. "You can't make such a great series to just - no."

"Mike, we just started it. It has been announced that the new season will air in like a month. Wait, it's after midnight. Are you gonna sleep here?" He grabs his phone, it's over half past one.

"It's only a ten-minute drive." He chuckles, but he stops when he sees my face. "Fine, I'll stay." He knows I hate it when he leaves this house after midnight. I know it might sound dumb or silly, but it has a reason. He knows the reason.

He was on his way home from my house and he got into a big car accident. It was all over the news and newspapers. Michael and the other person made it out alive to the big shock of everybody. Michael was found feet away from his car and had several broken bones and things. Since he forgot his wallet in my place, they couldn't identify him. He didn't pick me up for school the next day so that's where my suspiciousness started. The school hadn't heard from Michael either, but I assumed he was sick, but since he also didn't react to my texts, I got worried. Somehow, I knew something bad has happened. When I got back home and turned on the tv I saw the videos of the crashed cars. The same car as Michaels, with the same license plate.

It was never Michael's fault and I know that. It has been published that the other driver was under the influence. Yet, I'm just afraid that it happens again somehow. You can't blame me for that. We might be grown-ups, but I care for Michael a lot.