prologue

BACK TO YOU
"Such a good girl."

Eloise-Anne

The couch is very comfortable, especially since I can use Michael as my personal pillow. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and ever since, he's also been my favorite pillow. It's almost a miracle he let me since he always complains about it. His hands are slowly running through my hair, and it feels more than amazing. I don't have a boyfriend to do it for me, and Michael always does it unconsciously. I close my eyes briefly, enjoying the moment, but Michael clears his throat immediately, pushing me off him. He stands up and looks at me.

His green eyes are beautiful, and his dirty blonde locks suit him more than any other hair color he's ever had. They all looked great on him, but I really like the dirty blonde locks. It looks more mature on him, and since he has a trimmed beard now, it seems even more mature. I'd almost say he's daddy, but I wouldn't. That's a lie, though. To annoy him, I call him daddy sometimes. Little did I know he would look like one someday. Another excellent nickname for him is bigfoot because the man has big feet. 

"I was thinking; maybe we can share a dorm on campus together?" He says, a bit unsure. "I've been looking around, and I think you'd like it a lot. We've saved a lot of money for it, and it's better than the forty-minute drive every morning." He says, pitying himself. "Or just a house or apartment, anything, so I don't have to be sitting next to you for forty minutes, hearing you complain about how I should drive slower."

It takes forty minutes to get to uni, and it's honestly exhausting. I always do my make-up in the car since I don't want to hurry. Michael loves to drive, so there's no problem with that. But with the gas prices being so high lately, we could already have our apartment.

I want nothing more than to share a dorm with him. We've been wanting that for ages, but my parents don't want me to leave the house. I'm twenty-one, and I'm very capable of making those choices myself, I think. They don't want me to leave the house. When it comes down to Calum, they would've let him leave the house at the mere age of fifteen.

"I really want to, Mike," I tell him. He already sighs, knowing there's going to be a 'but'. "My parents just won't let me; you know how they are." He sits back down on the couch. "But if we find ourselves a dorm, we have to reserve it somehow, okay? They can't back down on it when it's already been bought." I smirk.

"Such a good girl." He says cheekily. "Or, well, I could say bad girl as well."

"Oh, piss off." I laugh. Such as, he hates it when I call him daddy, and I wouldn't say I like it when he calls me a good girl. I find it horrible to hear, such as in movies. It makes me cringe on a level that I didn't know existed. I rest my head on his shoulder once again, and he tickles my shoulder this time. He zaps through some channels on the TV and stops when he sees the cartoon South Park. Yet I close my eyes again, feeling my muscles relax under his touch.

Suddenly the door falls open with a loud sound, and I sit straight up. Calum walks into the room with Ashton. Calum and Ashton have been friends since high school and shared the same interests. Lucky for them, they both got accepted into the uni they wanted to get into. Now they're inseparable. How adorable.

"You know Ashton already, but this is Luke, another great friend of mine." My eyes drift to the door opening, where Luke walks in. My brother smiles at me, happy for me to meet yet another one of his friends. Calum loves introducing people to me. He wants his friends to be friends with me; if they can't, they can't be his friends. He made this rule when he was very little because he hated how people treated me through high school.

My eyes fall on the tall blonde behind Ashton. You would almost think they're brothers with their similarities. But somehow, they look too different to actually be brothers.