20

Chapter 20:
"It's not El that I'm afraid of."

Ashton

Eloise and Luke should've been back by now. I have texted Luke to be kind to her, and to take her back here on time. Yet, none of my messages to both of 'em are getting delivered. Maybe they've finally come to a point where they can work together. I'm happy if they can, but I just don't trust Luke around her. No one can blame me for that. I know what he's capable of, there's no way he's gonna try that on my girlfriend. Although, knowing Luke he would definitely hook up with her.

I should have been there with them. She's all mine, I don't even want them to be together. Luke isn't right for her. He will never be and I'll do everything to keep them apart after today. It's not jealousy, I just don't want them to be together. That's what a boyfriend does. Taking care of her.

I sigh deeply before walking to the room next door. Maybe Michael knows where she is. I knock on the door and Tammy opens it immediately.

"Have either one of you seen El?" I ask her. She opens her door some wider, letting me in. I sigh deeply when I see Michael slightly frustrated on his bed. Probably thinking the same thing as I do.

I actually feel sad that I couldn't do this project with her. I know her short story will be perfect and I'd love to write a song on it. Instead, I had to do it with my ex-girlfriend, Lila. She is great with writing, but it's not the same. We're not friends, but we're also not strangers. I know I write much better music when there's chemistry going on. I couldn't wait to leave. I asked her to take a picture of the story she wrote down so I can write something about it later.

"I got this weird message," Michael says, sitting up some straighter. "Just five minutes ago, but I can't do shit with it." He groans loudly. "She sent me her location, but every time I open it, it gives an error."

"Just a message with her location?" I ask him.

"Imma read it out loud, okay?" I nod at his words. "Mike, you've gotta help me. I'm stuck in an elevator with the devil himself. We've been here for four hours and people don't even know we're in here probably. I will send my location as well, hopefully, it works, because I have no clue where the fuck I am." Michael reads from his phone. She's stuck in an elevator? "The best we can do is just wait; we don't know where they are so looking for them has no use."

"I suppose you're right; it just feels wrong." I sigh. "Especially since there's a heatwave and because she's with Luke."

"El is not stupid you know." Michael chuckles. Tammy gets on the bed as well and Michael wraps his arm around her instantly. We should be happy all these rooms have air conditioning.

"It's not El that I'm afraid of. It's Luke being a whore I'm afraid of." I say to him.

"Fair enough. He's quite a dickhead." I roll my eyes. "What? He's your friend, not mine. It's not like I'm gonna start saying nice things about him whenever you need some good vibes."

"Sounds fair," yet Tammy still gives him a nudge. Eloise would do the same thing to me if I said such a thing. "I think I'm heading to Cals, hit me up if you hear or see anything." Michael nods immediately. I leave the room and walk to the end of the hall. I knock on the right door and Calum opens it immediately. It's a wonder there's no girl in his bed right now. I know he's sharing a room with Luke, so if there's a threesome going on anytime soon, I wouldn't be surprised either.

"What's up? Did something happen?" He asks me after he closes the door behind me. Calum sits on the bed and I sit down on the other one.

"Have you heard anything from Hemmings or El?" I ask him, he shakes his head, partly confused. "I wanted to take her out tonight so I asked him to get her back before seven. You also know he wouldn't fuck that up for me." He nods immediately. "I haven't heard from either one of them, El has sent Michael a text. She said something about being stuck in an elevator with Hemmings."