ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜

The table is filled, extra chairs were also added, to contain everyone. The Anete extended family elders are busy having a meal.

Mr. Anete had three brothers who were all married with kids, and two sisters. Tamunoemi Clinton, who is married to one of the top and most influential politicians in the country with four kids, and Monica Anete, who is into modeling. She was one of the popular models in the county. Mr. Anete had three younger brothers, Mr. Gabriel Anete who was into oil and gas, Mr. Terrence Anete, a business tycoon and Nengi, the youngest who is a musician.

Per family tradition, they always had a get-together at the end of the year at his house.

"The food is delicious!" Mrs. Clinton comment while she takes a spoon full of the Jollof, she turns to her sister-in-law with a cheeky smile. Meanwhile, The men who seemed like they were done with their food got up, as usual, the brothers were going to catch up with one another.

The children were probably in the guest sitting room or main room, they had already eaten their meals.

"Thank you!" Boma responds with a smile.

"Monica, I love your outfit." Dami, Gabriel's wife says with all sincerity. She could see Monica's eyes lit up.

"It's Mariana Krevan's latest design. You know I don't wear rubbish." Monica says observing Boma closely. Boma who could feel her hot graze drops her spoon and faces her.

"I thought as much." Mrs. Clinton says to her sister.

"Please dear, you will have to link me to your designer. I really love this. This is creative. It's beautiful." Uchechi, Terrence's wife comments.

"My designer is Chloe Krevan. Mariana Krevan's younger sister." Monica comments.

"Wow! I have heard of her. She is quite popular." Uchechi who seemed engrossed with what Monica was saying nods her head.

"Of course. You know I don't settle for less. That's why some persons can't beat me, no matter how much they tried." Monica says with mock laughter, obviously throwing a quick glance at Boma.

"I need something like this." Uchechi says.

"I will introduce you to her on my 35th birthday, by February next year. Hope you will be present?" Monica asks.

"Are you throwing a party?" Dami asks while she drops her fork.

"Yes. I have been meaning to tell you something Sister Boma!' Monica says directly to Boma. Grabbing everyone's attention.

"What?" Boma who knew Monica was going to say something that will get on her nerve asks.

"Your event planner this year. Please don't give him such a contract again. Sorry to say, but your party was a total flop." Monica says.

"Excuse you?" Boma asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Boma, she didn't really mean it like that, you know how Monica can be, she doesn't know how to choose her words." Mrs. Clinton says to her sister-in-law, obviously trying to control the fire which seemed to be building up.

It was no news that Boma and Monica never vibed. Monica and her other sister inlaws never had issues, but with Boma, it was different. Their enmity was too much.

"It should better be!" Boma says with a stern look.

"I will be featured at Macrina del Rico this year!" Monica says totally ignoring the previous topic.

______________________________🖊

"Miss high and mighty!" Ibinabor chides while she joins Wendy on the couch. Wendy throws her a quick glance, before focusing on her phone.
"You didn't even bag the first prize in class, not to talk of the overall. Where is that aura of yours? I mean that pride. Feeling like you are superior to others, but girl you aren't." Ibinabor concludes with a sly smile.