ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ💜

Don't forget to vote and comment
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

   April uses the corner of her eyes to watch her mother. She knew she had no idea she was been watched. It's been two days, her mum's behaviour was worth being worried about. She was acting so suspicious and too secretive. She had tried talking to Wunmi about it. Wunmi only brushed it off, saying it was stress.

She would not say she was enjoying her break. She had been reading her books and was now getting tired. She was told that her best friend, Homa, had traveled. She knew it would have been a lot more enjoyable if Homa had been present. She would not have avoided attending church. This was typical for all teenagers. When you stop attending services for an extended period of time and then return unexpectedly. Teenagers around your age may begin to say things behind your back. Especially if you do not initiate a conversation with them. It may appear that you are overly self-important.

She tries to adjust to the floor when her mind drifts back to Jordan. He was just strange in his own way. However, they never had a proper conversation. She was just content with seeing his face. It was more like an addiction. She lets out a smile while she hugs herself. She knew at this age a boy wasn't her priority. She shouldn't be thinking about a boy, but she just couldn't help it. Most of the time, she wondered if it was just a crush, but it seemed to grow deeper by the day. She knew that whatever it was, she would get hurt.

"April, why are you smiling?" Wunmi's voice transports her back to reality. She didn't even notice she had been smiling.

"Huh?" She asks

"Homa is here!" Wunmi says, meanwhile April jumps up, she doesn't wait to hear another word before dashing out.

  ______________________________🖊

"Honestly, I don't want to go back home, I will love to go back to school from here!" Wendy announces while she feeds her baby sister.

Sophia seemed to be stressing the daylight out of her, with just three days, she had turned into a nanny. What could she do? After all, she was her sister.

A wry smile graced Darlintina's face. Following her gaze in curiosity, she discovers little Sophia attempting to submerge her phone in a water jar.

"Really, Sophia. I will sell you to get it back!" Wendy threatens. Meanwhile, Sophia begins to laugh. If only she could understand what she meant, Wendy hisses.

"What about the Nanny and maids?" Darlintina asks. She did not believe the excuse that they all quit.

"Dad said they quit. I know he is lying. He fired them; I am sure he did not trust them enough. They could let Aunt Sofia inside!" Wendy explains.

"Did they...?"

"Wendy, I am hungry!" Aurora says as she enters the kitchen with a boy around her age.

"Why don’t you eat me!" Wendy barks.

"Chill, Wendy. Stop taking out your frustration on these innocent children!" Darlintina says in mocking tones. Meanwhile, the boy Aurora brought with him retraces his steps. Wendy realized she had scared him away and turned completely to her younger sister.

"Who is he?" She asks with a strict tone.

"My classmate!" Aurora responds. Wendy looks at her from head to toe, she was putting on a loose shirt and an extremely short skirt.

"What is he doing in your room? And why are dressed like this?" Wendy says trying her best not to yell. The horror on her sister's face was obvious.

"Dad knows about him; he is my study partner. He is uncle Mark's son, don't you know him?" Aurora inquires with an innocent expression. Wendy takes a deep breath and turns to face Darlintina, who appears calm.

"How old is he?" Wendy asks.

"Fourteen!"

"Has he tried touching you?" Wendy asks.

"What the fuck? Wendy, what are you telling a child?" Darlintina asks in rage, meanwhile, Wendy turns to her.

"Who is a child? Aurora is thirteen. I am sure she understands what I am talking about. And you do not keep such things hidden; they need to be aware of the danger. Have you forgotten what my study section with Tari led to?" Wendy inquires with a raised eyebrow.
"I was her age then!"

"It doesn't mean, don't start instilling such things in an innocent child's mind!" Darlintina retorts. Aurora continues to stare at them without saying anything.

"What do you mean by that. You want to tell me Aurora doesn't know what sex is all about?" Wendy asks Darlintina and turns to her younger sister. "Aurora, you know nothing about sex, correct?" Wendy asks. She couldn't miss the horrific look on her sisters face. Darlintina raises her hands in surrender. "Check the fridge, get some snacks. I will order some pizzas. Use that to relieve your hunger, also leave the door to your room wide open!" Wendy orders. Aurora takes some steps to the fridge. After muttering some words of appreciation. She appeared shaken.

"Is Uncle Mark's house the same place you and Sophia will be staying till you resume school?" Wendy asks in a sober tone.

"Yes!" Aurora who grabbed a bottle of drink nods her head.

"Get your things ready, you both will be leaving with me. You will be staying at my mother's place until Dad returns!" Wendy says. Meanwhile, Aurora nods and walks away.

Immediately she was out of sight Darlintina looks at Wendy and raises an eyebrow.

"What was that for?" Darintina asks.

"Didn't you see what she was wearing? What do you think the both of them will be doing alone? Study partners. Can't you see, she is developing faster. They are teens. We know what teens nowadays are like!" Wendy says.

"Wendy, the fact you acted that way, doesn't mean she would too!" Darlintina says.

"Look, she is my younger sister. And no matter how stupid it sounds. I am responsible for the both of them, I am the mother figure they are seeing. Since our parents have chosen to be stupid. I don't want Aurora making the same mistakes I made!" Wendy says in a calm tone.

"I can see a responsible sister!" Darlintina scoffs. "But you scared her!"

"You and I know, I am bad at talking calmly, " Wendy says with a weak smile. "I just want you to feel what I am saying!" Wendy says this while her gaze is drawn to Sophia, who has approached the gas cooker.

"When I say I am going to sell her, I mean it." Wendy lets out a shout. "Sophia, I will break your bones!" Wendy glares at the three-year-old.

"I will speak ya pon two!" Sophia responds. Making Darlintina burst into laughter.

"That's no way to talk to a kid. How old is she?" Darlintina asks.

"Three plus!" Wendy responds.

"It could be difficult living without her mother!" Darlintina says in a calm tone.

1175 WORDS🌹
THE BETRAYAL SER🌹ES