ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜

April smiles out while she walks into the class with Light, she couldn't remember the last time she felt this happy. She could literally hug anybody with the way she was feeling.

   The feeling of achieving her first goal successfully, since she got into Hallel college made her believe in herself.

"What was your average?" Light asks going through his score sheet.

"97.8" April responds with a smile. "Imagine, further maths teacher, didn't even dash me at least one mark for the test I missed." April jokes. That wasn't her issue, she was just trying to make a joke out of it.

"Congratulations to you on emerging with the overall highest score of SS2," Light says with a smile, making April laugh. He was been too dramatic.

"Thank you." She smiles.

"Na who gets Ss2? Science. Arts beg make una go cry. (Who has SS2? Science. Arts you guys should go and cry)" Gideon says in a mock tone.

  April couldn't help but smile. She could hear some Arts students give Gideon on a comeback. It was no news there was a big competition going on between Arts and Science class. Hallel college had its method. Each class had there top three students. But they always calculated their overalls, adding the top three's and checking out the best, then they will announce the overalls for both classes.

This time around Science class had four candidates which made the top 3 due to their average. they also made the top 3 generally.

"Every day is not Christmas!" Efe backs Gideon up, making most of them plus some Art students laugh to their heart contempt.

"You people should go and sit down," Excel says mockingly.

"Help me hold this." Light says to April while he hands her his result sheet and picks up his school bag. Meanwhile, April starts looking around, until her eyes land on someone mistakenly. The awkward part of it was the part the person had been staring at her a long.

    Wendy doesn't try to look away when there eyes meet. She stares at April like she was trying to decipher something for a while before finally looking away.

         ______________________________🖊

  April pulls her box along happily while she heads to the reception. Science and Nancy had left long ago. She was sure Light hadn't left yet because she saw Flourish on her way. She was sure he was still in the hostel.

  They had said their goodbyes, there was nothing left again. She smiles thinking of how time flew. She could remember the first day she arrived because it was so fresh in her memory. They had already rounded up the first time.

  Immediately she gets into the reception hall, she drops her box, looking around. She was told someone had come for her by the matron. Looking around for her mother her eyeslands on someone. Just immediately the person sights her too. She hastens her steps while she pulls her box along with her.

"Sister Wunmi!" She calls out calmly, obviously, surprised. Because she was expecting her mother. She noticed how pale Wunmi looked, even though she tried her best to cover it with a smile. She knew her sister well enough. Being away for a while wasn't capable of wiping off her memory.

"April," Wunmi calls out with a small smile, while she stretches her hand to help her with her box.

"This school is something, I have been staring since I got in!" Wunmi comments, although she was smiling, something didn't seem right.