CHAPTER EIGHT💜

"Bring out your notes," says Miss Ann, the biology teacher, as she drops her iPad on her desk. Most of the students murmur, while others quietly take out their notebooks.

"Welcome back; most of us were not in school last week, which was supposed to be the week of resumption," Miss Ann says with a serious expression.

April takes her time examining Miss Ann closely; it appeared as though she was in her mid-twenties. She was gorgeous, curvaceous, and had dark skin. April was abruptly brought back to reality when Miss Ann said something unrelated to the lesson she was going to teach.

"Tari, why are you shining your teeth?" Miss Ann says to Tari, who is grinning. Making everyone turn towards him. With his dark complexion and striking good looks, April keeps a close eye on him. There was also another boy sitting close to him, with Dumlesi in their midst.

"Ma, he said you look beautiful," Dumlesi exclaims, making April smile. A typical Dumlesi.

"Thank you very much," Miss Ann says with a humorous expression. "I am not into drama and your sugar-coated talks this term," Miss Ann says.

"Ma, I thought you said you were not going to handle us this term," Golden, a tall dark boy, says from the back seat.

"That would have made me happier, but sadly for me. I had to graduate with you," Miss Ann says with a laugh.

"You do not like us, Ma?" Felix contributes to Miss Ann's laughter.

"You all should bring out your books; once you hear the discussion, you will forget everything," Miss Ann says, causing the entire class to laugh.

"Okay, please keep quiet. Once again, let us get down to business," Miss Ann smiles. April wonders in silence if she has ever frowned. "You are aware of how much I enjoy my classes; please do not disrupt them, keep my notes current, and complete my assignments and projects. Do not be late to my class, and you will not have any problems with me," Miss Ann says, her tone more serious.

The majority of boys choured. "Yes, ma, "

"Fine," she says, looking at each member of the class one after the other. "Do we have any new students here?" Miss Ann inquires, while April tries to keep her heart rate stable.

Miss Ann remarks, "Thought, the girl who broke the school records, I mean the girl on scholarship is here," as everyone looks in April's direction. For a while, she considered disappearing.

"Stand up and introduce yourself to the class," Miss Ann says with a confident smile. Meanwhile, April struggles to her feet, filled with anxiety.

"So, what is your name? Miss Ann asks with a genuine smile.

"April, Kuti!" She says, hesitantly.

Tari said, "She is shy."

"Are you a shy person?" Miss Ann asks cheerfully.

When April hears someone laughing from the back seat, she responds, "No, Ma." She turns around quickly to see who it is, and when she does, she meets the grey-eyed boy's pale, slender face. His eyes were his best asset because they made him look cute. April takes a quick look away.

"Nimi Brown," Miss Ann frowns.

"Sorry, ma," Nimi says as he tries to adjust in his seat.

Welcome to Hallel Colledge, dear. I expect you to break even more records," Miss Ann says.

"Ma," someone calls out.

"Yes, Wendy," Miss Ann replies.

"You gave an assignment," Wendy says with a serious expression on her face.