CHAPTER ELEVEN💜

"Hey. "Please excuse me." April says, wondering if that was her voice. The boy she recognized as Light slowly raises his head.

She wondered what was wrong with him because he appeared to be sick. April observes him for a few moments before going inside. She settles down, and after a few minutes, she looks in his direction, only to see him staring ahead. When she noticed he was clearly staring at nothing, she turned to face him with concern.

"Are you alright?" April inquires, surprised that she could actually speak with him.

"Do I look sick?" He scoffs. April looks at him in disbelief, silently wondering why he has such an attitude toward her.

"Sorry!" She says this as she picks up her book, attempting to mind her own business. She flips through it and clearly reads nothing. She kept flipping, as if she was looking for something.

"I am not sick; I just did not get much sleep last night." Light mentions that she noticed he had an accent.

"Okay!" April murmurs. She could hear him laughing.

"Why so plain? Will you not ask why I did not sleep?" Light asks April, who gives him an amused look.

"Do I seem like I stick my nose into things that do not affect me?" April asks now, looking down at her book as if she wanted to focus. Light bursts into laughter at this act.

"Really?" With an accent, Light asks. April does not answer, appearing to be very absorbed in her book.

"All right, I apologize. I realize I sounded rude, but I did not mean it that way!" Light says, trying to make a puppy face. April turns toward him. She burst out laughing after seeing his face, because he looked like a cute baby asking for breast milk. Light smiles as she keeps laughing.

"It is fine, I did not take it personally; I just felt bad because of how you reacted!" April elaborates.

"Hope we are all good?" Light inquires.

"Yes," April replies with a smile on her lips.

"Excuse me!" Science interrupts. Light immediately gets up and moves away, allowing her to pass. Meanwhile, April looks up to Science, only to see the strange expression on his face. She does not miss how rude Science sounded to Light. She blames it on what occurred at breakfast. She felt Science had not moved on from it.

"Kalabari girls are sluts." Tari's loud voice echoed throughout the classroom. Totally captivated everyone's attention. April, in particular, turned to face him on impulse.

"Ibinabor and Boma are living testimonies," Tari says, and Efe agrees. April secretly wondered if they were twins based on their behavior. She could see Dumlesi shining her teeth, like a roasted Christmas goat, and she just smiled because she knew that was what Dumlesi enjoyed.

"Efe, As ugly as you appear. I am astounded you still have trouble keeping yourself from being noticed," said Boma, who appeared to have stopped what she was doing when she heard her name.

"Dry, leave the grammar!" Clinton Boniface, a dark boy in class, says. Almost everyone in the classroom burst out laughing. Boma glares at him.

"Efe, you were the one who mentioned her name; just be glad that Ibinabor and her group are not here. We all know the drama that would have taken place now!" Gideon says.

"You all should stop this, or it might result in something else," Basma, who appeared to be in a bad mood, contributed, as evidenced by her voice.

"Carry that your black face and sit there!" Gideon shouts, making some people laugh.