ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ💜

"Look, I hope you girls aren't planning on involving me in this shit?" Dumlesi who blocks Bright close to the school lawn asks.

"You think we will go down alone? Who put the money in there?" Bright spits out with venom.

"Our deal was just to put the money in her bag, nothing more." Dumlesi defends.

"Deal or no deal. Madam, you are an accomplice." Bright sassed.

"Bright, if you dare put me in trouble, I will forget the fact we are related. And do whatever is in my mind!" Dumlesi says obviously not smiling.

"Dumlesi we both know you can do nothing. You are an accomplice, whether you like it or not." Bright rolls her eyes. "Besides stop backing no one is going to be called out. Don't forget Ibinabor is involved." Bright says. Meanwhile, Dumlesi's facial expression suddenly changes.

"I thought you guys said it was a full-fledged plan, how did it blow off?" Dumlesi asks in a calm tone.

"A prefect testified in April's favour," Bright says. Making Dumlesi hiss and wonder how everything backfired.

           ______________________________🖊

"Slow down!" Nimi says to April who was hot on her heels, they were both on their way to the classroom. They just left the staff room. The biology teacher had sent for the both of them not excluding Wendy, who immediately they came out of the office, went her own way.

"We have Mathematics next!" April responds, making Nimi hasten up amidst laughter.

"Girl, slow down!" Nimi says. Making April turn to his direction not halting either.

"Oucch!" She says involuntary immediately she bumps into someone. Turning immediately to see who it was.

"While walking you don't use your back unless you have eyes at your back!" Jordan says, he wasn't smiling, but she knew it was meant to be a joke.

"So sorry!" April says politely. Meanwhile, Nimi stops. He exchanged greetings with Jordan who responds cheerfully.

"Follow me!" Jordan says in an authoritative tone. Meanwhile, April stands on moved. "Why are you staring? You left your mathematics notebook the other day." Jordan says casually.

"Oh. Sorry!" April responds in a calm tone.

"You can come get it later if you are in a hurry!" Jordan says to April before turning to Nimi's direction.
"I haven't forgotten what you did, tell Tari, Efe and Excel. What if I don't see the four of you before prep, you will be singing praises to God!" Jordan says not taking his eyes off Nimi who had a mischievous smile on his face.
"And I'm not smiling!"

           ______________________________🖊

  Wendy flips through her Chemistry textbook in silence, it was obvious she was trying to study an equation. The little noise made, makes her look up almost immediately, wondering what he was doing standing in front of her. She let her eyes roam over him, before looking away.

"Wait. Are you trying to pretend like you aren't seeing me?" Tari asks with an amused look on his face.

"Tari. What? If I say something now you will call me a cheap hole." Wendy responds like she was trying to read his facial expression.

"Take! My mum dropped by, your mum asked her to give this to you!" Tari says in a casual tone.

  Wendy studies the nylon for a moment, before taking it away. She goes back to what she was doing with her textbook. Completely ignoring Tari.