CHAPTER TWO💜

Dedicated to
thereal_bharrie

April let her gaze wander around the beautiful compound, and she could not help but be captivated by its beauty.
The buildings were so massive and beautiful that she let her gaze return to the entrance.

She had only seen the school gate when she passed through the neighborhood; she had previously attended Calvary Comprehensive Secondary School, which was directly opposite the school. Her mother could not afford her school fees, so she had to withdraw due to a lack of funds. She never imagined she would be one of their prestigious students so soon. They also went to Mountain of Fire Ministries, which shared a fence with the prestigious school.

"Hallel College." The school was obviously for the wealthy. They had white students from various countries; black students were not excluded. She remembered vividly the first time her best friend, Homa, became ecstatic because she saw a white boy. That was embarrassing. She always looked at the school with reverence. Given the type of family she could have grown up in, she never would have known or wished she could get in. They struggled to eat enough food. She could not even go to regular private schools without being driven home for fees, not to mention this. However, life has something for everyone.

"April, let's go!" Mrs Kuti, who had just finished speaking with one of the security guards at the gate, urges April, who does not say anything but obeys her.

"The security guard has already given me the description." Mrs. Kuti explains.
April could not see her facial expression because she was not looking at her, but she could tell her mother was smiling.

"Mum! "That is the admission block, I believe," April says, pointing to a building with the words "Admission Block" prominently displayed on it. They both hurry up.

After entering the building, they proceed to the reception area. Meanwhile, a woman approaches them.

"Good day, Ma! Welcome to Hallel College," The young lady says meanwhile April couldn't help but smile. The woman's accent captivated her.

Mrs. Kuti, who is a little intimidated by the woman, replies, "My daughter here was giving a scholarship to study in this school."

"Wow, is this the infamous April Kuti? The lady smiles, and April can not help but smile back.

"Can you please tell me where the registration office is?"Mrs Kuti asks confidently. She was overjoyed that her daughter had been recognized. Which mother will not be? Every mother would be overjoyed to see their children doing well.

"That will be unnecessary. You have no business with them; let us go over to the principal's office." The lady has responded.

"I am Miss Ann, by the way." The lady introduces herself before leading them outside.

______________________ 🖊️

The room appears to be tidy, with everything in its proper place. The bunks were made of wood, not iron. The beds were neatly dressed. The room was painted a rich brown and looked absolutely stunning. The interior decoration is magnificent. What can we say? It is a school for wealthy and influential male children. It is not supposed to be lacking.

The noise in the room is deafening. April tries to block her ears as she walks in with someone she assumes is the matron.

"Quit it!" The lady who appeared to be in her early fifties barked. To April's surprise, everyone maintains silence. She wishes she could disappear with the pair of eyes that bore holes in her body. She suddenly develops self-consciousness. Indeed, she had dark skin, and while most people thought she was beautiful, she always thought it to be untrue. She believed Wunmi, her older sister, was the epitome of beauty, and she was the smart one. Despite her age, she appeared quite tall and skinny. Her large breasts and hips gave the impression that she was not particularly slender. She did not find it appealing when guys at her former school called her "heavy heavy."